Buyer???

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Buyer???

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:56 pm

I just spoke with the friend of the guy who bought the house next door. The guy next door who saw my place yesterday loves my place and is now thinking about selling the house next door and buying mine!! However, what he is able to pay me is lower than what I am asking. The friend said he can kick in $5 towards the offer too. So it would come to $85K. I need to crunch some numbers and see if that would work for me.

I also told the friend I would need to stay here for about 3 months after closing in order to find an RV and get that set up, etc. He said that would probably be fine since the guy next door isn't planning to come back here until sometime in October anyways.

The friend owns a place here, and his sister and BIL own the house on the other side. He also has a brother who owns a couple places here and is a former client of mine. He said he will talk to his BIL and maybe they could go together to buy the house next door from this guy and turn it into a rental. I told him I would get back to him in a few days and we would see where things are at.

My heart is racing right now! :shock: I have a lot of thinking and number crunching to do to see if we can make this work. I just don't see an opportunity like this happening again for quite awhile and I really want to get moving on my plans.

OK, I need to go think now... :D
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Buyer???

Postby Cudedog » Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:48 pm

Barbie, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 07, 2024 5:29 pm

I hope you can work it out. But make sure it's a good enough price. You mentioned elsewhere that you wish the park your looking at would have casitas, but we have casitas here making the leased lot close to that price. Mine is less, but I would have been better off without it. It just keeps costing me money. Everyone says RVs are money pits. I find homes and even casitas more so. More space, more nooks and crannies get filled, etc. More things to fix, like you're doing there, etc. I was so much better financially for all my minimalism years!

Fingers crossed you can come to a deal that works for you!!!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:29 pm

I accepted his offer tonight. He thanked me over and over and said he totally loves my place!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:41 pm

Woo-Hoo!!!

[Anne does happy dance for Barbie]
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:56 pm

Yay!!! :D
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Pooker » Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:15 am

Barbie - Such good news. Hope you can get all your ducks in a row and everything works out just the way you need.

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Redetotry » Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:39 am

Congratulations Barbie!!! I hope all goes well with the transaction and your transition to your next adventure!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Irmi » Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:39 am

Barbie, wonderful news!!!
Irmi

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:52 am

So happy to read this morning’s news! Hoping things go smoothly in your new adventures. I got my trailer from Giant RV. I was pleased with my interactions. They have about four places in the L A area. “Christine”. And “Angel” were the two I most conversation with. I spent many hours on the internet with them, and they never once were impatient with me. I suggest if you do decide to contact them, you state clearly what you want and don’t deviate. They have Hugh selections!
Good Luck, Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby monik7 » Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:12 pm

Congratulations Barbie! I’m so happy for you. The next three months are going to be really busy for you in a good way.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:40 pm

congratulations!!!! exciting news for sure... and now the search begins
sheila
snowball

Return to General Talk