Quartzite 2015---Jan 17 thru the 25th

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzite 2015---Jan 17 thru the 25th

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Roadweaver wrote:I am at the balloon festival until Tomorrow (Sunday) then heading back to Quartzsite. It is my plan to come out to visit everyday and then move with you on the 26th however, if you ladies make me feel too welcome, I move out earlier.

Getting very excited now

Hopefully you'll move right over. If you get here early enough tomorrow (Sunday) were having fajitas around 3 or so. Maybe you should come straight here!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:01 pm

I can make refried beans w/cheese to go with the tacos.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Pooker » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:05 am

I have supplies to make my black bean & corn salad (assuming the fresh ingredients stay fresh enough).

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:43 pm

Okay, okay - I'll try to remember to take some pics of people today - as we're all (that are here) gathering this afternoon. But here's a pic of the sunset Friday night - I was walking Peaches without the camera, enjoying this gorgeous sunset, with beauty all around. This is when we got back and I ran out with the camera to get a shot.

4 of us went to the rv show yesterday - I was trying to meet up there also with Linda (bikerchic) but we couldn't find each other. Meanwhile, I ran into a couple other people - including Ron from the singles forum. Really a small, small world.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:34 pm

I was gonna bring the beans so I'll think of something else to bring..have to go to the grocery before I leave so no problem. Dessert maybe?
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:12 pm

You dang well know that no one will turn down dessert, Sharon :)

Here's a few pictures from today. AFTER we ate I remembered to go get my camera, and Patty reminded me we were supposed to take pictures of the food. All I can say is it must have been good - as you can see, almost nothing left!

There were 11 of us today:

The actual sunset over us:

And then the after effects of the sunset which are always so stunning in the desert:

Linda took the following pic a bit later:

We're having a great time. Wonderful seeing friends I've met before, and meeting others I feel like I've known for a long time.
Beth
Bethers

Postby snowball » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:41 am

so enjoying each other!!
sheila
snowball

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:41 am

Great to see everybody having fun....love the smiles. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:12 am

glad everyone is having a good time it sure looks like fun
grammynmaggie

Postby judi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:36 pm

Great photos - wish I was there! It sounds like so much fun. Enjoy!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:32 pm

Girls just have to have fun - and we can do it even if the vehicle can't currently be driven:

Lazy day today - but not so lazy that we missed meeting another great forum friend, Pamela (happytrails). Yippee. She's staying elsewhere but will be visiting more.
Beth
Bethers

Postby chalet05 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:10 pm

I am just so disappointed that we can't ride!! Anyone that is around after 'the fix' (whenever that might be) is certainly welcome to have a ride tho!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby PeggyinCT » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:43 am

That is one cool looking machine, Anita. Wish I were there with you,but alas, I'm here waiting for a tree man to give an estimate that will take all my play money. Have fun everybody. Peggy
PeggyinCT

Postby snowball » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:19 pm

we had planned a pot luck for tonight however woke up to winds and they were only going to get
stronger :roll: so changed our plans for the pot luck to tomorrow night the winds are suppose to decrease
hopefully...one of those days to curl up with a book, or knit, or bake none of which I did...home turf went to games
not sure what the rest did but if if hadn't been game day would have curled up with a book, or knitted or baked
want to make something...
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:19 am

I'm SO looking forward to Saturday!!
quick question....I'll cook the spanish rice friday night but wondering what to put it in for transport, regular pan and bring
my one little propane burner to warm it up OR can I warm it up on someones stove? OR put it in the crockpot and plug into someones generator? (can hardly wait to have my own rig someday :D )
Next question.....if any of the ladies are knitters or crocheters I have tons of yarn I need to start getting rid of cause I'm never
going to use it all. The majority of it is Red Heart, some is Pattons. If anyone needs any hollar and I'll bring it for ya. I'd have
room in the car for a couple of my tubs and you could pick out what ya want. Just let me know, if no one wants any then I
won't bother pulling it out of the shed.
:D come on SATURDAY!!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers