Weighty Idea

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Weighty Idea

Postby mtngal » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:01 am

Morning all, yay, it's working all ready, I was having serious second thoughts this morning, but now see that it's a go!

Re: suggestions, advice, etc, I only said that so as not to give the impression that a single method would be used, please share anything and everything!

Re: posting current weight, personal choice of course, do whatever is most comfortable for each of you.

So, how about Monday, the 23rd as our start date? that will give others a chance to jump in and the rest of us a couple days to get into a proper mind set. ;)
Diana
mtngal

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Good luck everyone,..... my weight is my private struggle, and as this forum is public for everyone on the internet to read i'll keep my numbers to myself. ;)
Cedar518

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:21 pm

Redetotry, I did eat whatever I wanted yesterday, and I wanted peanut butter! :lol: So I ate a huge tablespoon full along with some crackers. Gave me a tummyache :evil: , but am down a pound this morning. :P
I have my two GDs staying with me this weekend and whenever they stay we have a pizza delivered as a treat. Oh, how I love pizza crust and the cheese. You can keep everything else, give me bread and melted cheese! God help me! :o
AlmostThere

Postby Paulette » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:15 pm

I'm in too. I lost about 20 lbs a few years ago and have gained it and then some back. I've been trying to eat more salads...and less fats and sugars...then the ex brought me a box of chocolate for Vtines day! Well, I finished it up today! Now that it is gone, hopefully no more will come in!

So, count me in.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Liz » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Help! There's a chocolate cupcake (or two) calling my name...
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Sparkle » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:29 pm

For us travelers, you don't need a scale. I measure myself in this order. AB, B, BB, W, H, UT, AK, BK, C, A. Add all these measurements up. Diet and exercise. After a week measure all again, and deduct from first total. If you've lost an inch, you've lost a pound. Okay, Monday is my Cleansing Day. Liquids only. I bought some fruit juices at Walmart. They are called Bolthouse Farms. They are in the Dairy section. I will also make one of the spa recipes. You need 1 can of beets - not pickled. Cut into small pieces if you cant find shredded. Cook with the liquid in 4-1/2 cups bouillion. I use a home made vegetable stock. Simmer 10 minutes, add 6 tablespoons lemon juice and some pepper to season. Can be served hot or cold, and with 1 teaspoonm of low calorie sour creme. 8 Servings at 40 calories per serving.
Sparkle

Postby Paulette » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:14 pm

Alrighty then...Sparkle, I understand some of what you are measuring, but AK??? BK??? And as for your spa recipe...yuck, ptuey. I'll pass, thank you.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Sparkle » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:54 pm

Well, you have to like Beets..I do. Its actually quite delicious, Russian Borscht. Above Knee, Below Knee! Don't you have fat knees Paulette? :lol:
Sparkle

Postby Paulette » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:58 pm

Actually, I look pretty good from the knees down!!! :lol:

I'll pass on the beets. Have to get my cleansing some other way...
Paulette

Previous

Return to General Talk