Weighty Idea

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Weighty Idea

Postby mtngal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Anybody interested in a joining a group to lose a few pounds before summer/fall/winter arrives? I did this a few years ago on a running forum and it was really fun and turns out to be very helpful to have friends along with words of support and encouragement. So this is how it would work, once a week someone creates a post for that week to start a thread of reports of current weight and amount lost in the past week. Everybody does their own thing, no suggestions about how or why or when to lose extra pounds. And no judgment, even of self, is allowed!

I hope some you gals might be interested in joining me, if you don't want to, I might have to post anyway as I need some motivation and accountability!
Diana
mtngal

Re: Weighty Idea

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:39 pm

Diana....
Don't own a set of scales....don't want to... :oops: But I have started walking with the "walking machine" Ernie....just to keep the body as it is...so will gladly give you support....let me know...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Liz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:01 pm

I need to lose at least 5#, and it's not happening, so I'll join you. Maybe it'll motivate me too.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm down 19 lbs since just before Christmas but haven't lost anything this past week. Why is the last 5 always the hardest to loose!?? I think this is called a plateau. I googled on 'how to break a plateau' and got lots of different answers. On the low carb/no carb diet, when this happens, they say to eat anything and everything you want for 1 day only and that will do it. Kinda scared to try that after being so good at sticking to eating healthier.
AlmostThere

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:03 pm

I'm up for it! Lord knows I need to lose some weight after I went off my no-carb diet for a while! I haven't dared to get on my scale yet, and will NOT post how much I weigh even after I DO get on it! BUT, I will be only too happy to get motivated enough to be able to post that I have lost so many pounds each week! (Hopefully!)
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Soos, as active as you already are I can't imagine you have any extra poundage. I'm in a constant battle because of my diabetes meds which tend to make you gain weight.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:25 pm

I'm in. My scale died, going to see if buying a new battery works (had a "new" one here, but it didn't work, don't trust it's really new). If not, will have to weigh myself at Wal-mart whenever I get to one ;)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:34 pm

I was sick with the flu for the entire week last week, and lost 7 lbs! I only had about a cup or 2 of broth each day, as I had no appetite. It was a terrible way to lose weight, but I have lots more I need to lose & it has motivated me to watch what I'm eating & especially cut way down on sugary/fatty stuff. So if I can keep myself on track, I might just start checking in too to report my progress.
rvgal

Postby Gentleladybear » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Count me in on this, had to start a diet, and keep falling off the wagon. I get pressed for time and end up stopping for something quick to eat rather than coming on home to cook. So maybe this will help keep me motivated, got a lot to lose in about another month. Fighting pre diabetes now, and want to prevent that if I can.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby avalen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:23 pm

I'll certainly cheer you all on, I won't be dieting but I've started to
watch what I eat and eat healthier.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Sparkle » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:30 pm

I think its a good idea..I'm fed up of looking pregnant. At least I'm too old for people to ask when the baby is due. The only thing is, why the moratorium on advice and suggestions? I think that would be helpful. I have all the ingredients ready for a cleansing day and I own a couple of spa recipe books. It gives you a 600 calorie day and 800 calorie day and so on.
Sparkle

Postby Echo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:25 pm

I need to find the perfect diet spa place.

Somewhere they lock in into a padded room, monitor all my food intake of no calorie stuff, make sure the room is furnished with nothing but exercise equipment and cattle prods that work on auto. So that every time I stop or slow down other than when it's time to go to bed, I get jolted to get moving again.

Hmmmm Yep, that would do it, I think I could get motivated to lose weight and exercise then.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Sparkle » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:29 am

but Echo...you have just described your Workamping job perfectly! How did you know? :lol:
Sparkle

Postby Echo » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:12 am

OH OH OH !!!

My dream job and weight loss clinic all in one!!!! And just think! I'll even get paid for it!!!!!!! :lol:
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Redetotry » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:28 am

AlmostThere, I think you will be surprised if you do go off your diet and eat whatever you want for a day or two. I find I can no longer tolerate the taste of many of the foods I used to eat.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Next

Return to General Talk