My New Baby

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: My New Baby

Postby cnanago » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:52 am

Thank you all for the encouraging words. Yes, I'm very excited and looking forward to picking her up in March. Karen, thanks for the tip re: turn on heater 30 mins prior to save on propane, and Nasoosie like you I've been dreaming, researching and wishing for the last 2 years and I finally made it happen. It's all up to us, have courage and make the change. I talked about it so much that I do'nt think my daughters took me seriously till this past week when I told them that I had bought it :lol: Well, now there all excited but wait till I hit the road, that might be a different story :) . Yes, Carold, life is definitely grand. Margie, I wish for a quick sale for you also. Sparkle, thanks for inviting questions and I'm sure there will be many and I've also had many answered especially when Trudy was preparing herself to get into the lifestyle. She had many of my questions and everyone was so helpfull so as I did not have my motorhome yet, I simply stored much of that information in my binder but I know there will be more. By the way I have been registered on the other forum for some time now as taximama.
Life's good, Keep smiling :)
Remember- Keep smiling-
They'll wonder what you're up to.

Micheline, Buster (Maltese) and Miss Daisy (Shitzu)
cnanago

Postby Pooker » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:53 am

And another forum sister gets her wings! (Or wheels)

Don't hesitate to ask the same questions that have been asked before. There are always new gals out there who are as interested in the answers as you were when Trudy's questions were answered. Besides, things change, people change, time moves on and we discover new hints all the time.

Congratulations!
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:58 am

congrats on your MH purchase!! May you enjoy many safe miles!
AlmostThere

Postby Getupngo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:04 am

YIPPEE!! Another angel gets her wings! :D

I'm anxiously awaiting photos as well. And don't worry about that silly water heater. Now, I have two modes of water heat ... electric and propane. So when I'm plugged into city power, THEY (whoever "they" are) pay for my hot water. And with my 6-gallon water heater ... I have to shower a LONG time to run out. Those water-saving heads in the rigs really work well. If it doesn't have one ... get one. Even massage-heads are under $20.
Last edited by Getupngo on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby islandmomma » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:50 am

A big congratulations to a fellow Canuck!! Bet you may be coming my way sometime and I am due in the Maritimes in June for a caravan so will be hitting Eastern Ontario sometime in May (I hope). May you have many happy miles in her!!

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby Sparkle » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:03 pm

My water heater is supposed to run on both Propane and Electric. I know where the switch is in the kitchen, it's marlked, but nothing happens. I think I have to do something to the heater itself through the hatch, but I have no idea what. Any ideas?
Sparkle

Postby Paulette » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:23 pm

Sparkle, maybe check a fuse? If it works on propane but not on electric, I would suggest a fuse is blown. If it is the other way around, beats me!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby cnanago » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:40 pm

Speaking of fuses Paulette, I have to chuckle as I could'nt even find that fuse box in my baby. :lol: . That's ok, we'll find it during orientation :lol: .
Sparkle if you can't have hot water how on earth do you bathe :lol: .
Life is good, keep on smiling
Remember- Keep smiling-

cnanago

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:52 pm

I traveled in my old trailer for a few years with no water, let alone HOT water. When boondocking, I heated a pot of water on my stove, stood in the tub area, lathered myself up, and then poured the rest over me! Instant shower! I did have to carry a lot of jugs of water! Usually I camped where they had showers and bathrooms, and then no problems! OR, in the woods near a rushing stream!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby cnanago » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Jan, you bet I'll be heading your way at some point and email me if you'd like to stop and meet on your way to the east coast if your schedule allows.
I'm not sure where I'll be but if I'm anywhere near where you're travelling we could definitley get together.

Happy travels

Life's good, keep on smiling.
Remember- Keep smiling-

cnanago

Postby Sparkle » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Micheline, that's why I only have cyber friends. :lol: Nah, it works fine on Propane, but I'd like to use the other guys nickel when I'm on shore power.
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:32 pm

Sparkle, if you haven't got it figured out when you get back here - we'll have one of the guys here take a look.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby islandmomma » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:28 pm

Well, this is not working...

Lost a few posts...maybe as I was trying posting en francais LOL....It is just that you have a pretty name, Michellina.

I shall be in London/Hamilton in later May or so I hope, as I have friends there!

PM me wherever you like, M. A 'safe addie' is islandmomma@passportamerica.com but a PM on this site should also work...

I am a 'BC Booster' for more than 50 years and forever and forever!! Anyone who wants info re BC just holler!

Above ALL ELSE, HAVE FUN!!

jan

PS WE have 2010 Winter Olympics here in less than a year....I am skipping them in favour of warnth LOL!
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby cnanago » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:10 am

Jan, I saw something flying by heading for the lilly pond but caught this post. Olympics are best seen in warm weather next to a campfire and hopefully I'll be doing the same. May/June should see me still in the area so hopefully we can meet.
Got all set up with insurance for my new home and here's a question: how do we secure glasses and mugs while on the move? Plates are not a problem i know what to do for that but do'nt know about my margarita glasses. ( It's not a margarita unless it's served in it's proper glass, (and definitely not plastic).

Life's good, keep smiling :)
Remember- Keep smiling-

cnanago

Postby carold » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:32 am

I don't seem to have a problem with glasses, etc. moving around, although I do open the doors slowly when getting something out after driving ;) :D I have mats on the shelf and --for shame, for shame--use plastic glasses, even wine and marguerita ones. (I use to be classy. :roll: :roll: ) carold
carold

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk