My New Baby

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

My New Baby

Postby cnanago » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:57 pm

And she's a dream come true. I did it, I finally did it. It was love at first sight. She handles like a dream, she's beautiful, she's classy and :ugeek: I pick her up on March 28th. She's a 2006 Winnebago Outlook, class C with the perfect layout for my full-timing. But only 6 gallon hot water tank :cry: . Oh well can't have everything.
Now trying to sell my house is the only thing stopping me from getting on the road. I know, I know, pics you say? Well I have'nt had the time/patience to work with photo-bucket yet. But I will. That will be my next challenge. But I've taken care of my little man (great-grand-son, James, 21 months) and that's been a challenge in itself so by the time he goes home I'm pooped and do'nt feel very ambitious.
So now there's 3 of us trying to sell, good luck to all of you also, actually there's 4 of us, my sister in Quebec is also trying to sell her property which is right on the Ottawa river and they are also planning to full-time.
How much more interesting can life be :)
Remember- Keep smiling-
They'll wonder what you're up to.

Micheline, Buster (Maltese) and Miss Daisy (Shitzu)
cnanago

Re: My New Baby

Postby Mollysmom » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Congratulations !!! How exciting !!!
Woo Hoo !!!
Thanks for sharing your good news with us :D
Mollysmom

Postby avalen » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:06 pm

oooooooooooo congratulations, I can hardly wait to see pics!
and I totally understand the frustrations working with photobucket.
Its a real pain on my old computer but my xp was much better, now
if I can just get that one fixed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hopefully by friday :P
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:03 pm

Congrats and welcome to the life. You will be so happy when you're free and on the road. I only have a 6 gal hot water tank as well but have never run out of hot water. I wet down, turn off the water on the hose, soap up then rinse so don't really use as much as you think. I haven't left the water running while showering for years even in my stick house cause of the water shortages in both California and here. I also don't leave my hot water heater running all the time - turn it on about 30 minutes before doing dishes or taking a shower. Saves on propane
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Congrats!! on your new "house on wheels"....can't wait for the photos... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Sparkle » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:44 pm

That is just great! You will have so much fun playing house. Someone said to me that I was probably outside all the time and just slept in my rig. Wrong! Sure I go out for walks and occasionally read outside, but this is my home and I love being in it. I even like cleaning, and that's saying something!
I'm sure you will have lots of questions (unless you've done this before) but we love questions.
Sparkle

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:20 am

So happy for you. March is not far away now so we will be waiting for pictures. Happy trails!
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:22 am

CONGRATS, Micheline!!!!

I can't WAIT to see some pics of that great new house on wheels! You must be so EXCITED!! I will keep track of everything you are doing, as I hope to follow soon!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby carold » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:04 am

Ain't life grand, Micheline. Congratulations on your new home and soon to be lifestyle. And your sister too. My sister is also a fulltimer. Who coulda known. And now you'll be able to get your gks and ggk into the lifestyle. My DH and I had a HR Class C and it is a lot like yours, except for full basement. We loved it. Looking forward to pics and stories. carold
carold

Postby MsBHaven » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:44 am

Yippee! Another forum friend getting to achieve their dream. Life is good.

Looking forward to seeing the photos!

There are 5 houses in our small subdivision for sale. One sold this week. Maybe there is hope for the rest of us. Hope yours sells soon so you can hit the road!
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:33 am

wow,...that's nearly a brand NEW motorhome. I can't imagine being able to go out and buy one that new,.. you are very lucky. Good for you! I'll be watching for pictures!
Cedar518

Postby Liz » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:35 am

Wonderful news! I know you're excited, and we're all excited for you. Best wishes for a quick sale so you can start on that dream life. Planning for the day will be lots of fun too.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:38 am

Woooooooooohooooooooooooooooo - Congrats - and here's hoping for a quick home sale for you also - as for all the other sisters needing to sell! Like Karen, I don't have any trouble with my 6 gal water tank - in fact, there are days that when I rinse down, I do let the water run a long time on very hot - to get to some of my aching muscles. And I always am ready to get out by the time it's starting to get cool - and that's quite a while (but I also turn off the shower after wetting down to soap up, etc).

Can't wait to meet you on the road!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mtngal » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:50 am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! good for you! I can't wait to hear about all your preparations and adventures on the road. Hope to meet you at a gtg!
Diana
mtngal

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:04 am

Yeeehawww! Congrats, Micheline. One step closer. You will love it!
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Next

Return to General Talk