I can attest to this....Cleaning Poem

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: I can attest to this....Cleaning Poem

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:56 pm

Okay, I admit that I occasionally pick up around the house...but it only gets really clean if I know someone is coming in for a holiday or dinner. We don't formally entertain often....... I grew up in a house that my step mother insisted had to be "perfect" all the time. Nothing was allowed to sit out of place for longer than a nano second. She is now in an idependent apt. in a senior residential community. Even now when I visit her apt., in all it's decor balance and perfection...I still get the feeling that things and people's impression of social status...are more important than the actual people in her life. Luckily I had an Aunt on my mother's side and found a baby sitter for my son, (when he was young and I was working and I hadn't thrown him to the wolves and made him staying at home alone, yet)......anyway these women had houses that were always open for people. They were never too busy to help someone. The houses generally had "stuff" piled here and there. Projects in process, organization that hadn't quite made it...but they never seemed to worry about it. You always felt that their attention was on the family and people around them...you always felt comfortable and welcome in their home. If someone wants to come and visit, I just hope that they have nothing against a little cat and dog hair!!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:00 pm

oh yes,.... I have good intentions, but I get to "wandering" through cyberspace, ... :D
Cedar518

Postby Sparkle » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:46 pm

I met a lady once and we seemed to get on really well, until I went to her house. All she could talk about about was cleaning. She told me in all seriousness that she cleaned her windows every single day. End of that friendship.
Sparkle

Postby Echo » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:17 pm

My Mom use to have a poem hanging on her kitchen wall that our book keeper bought for her.

Mom would grumble to her about needing to clean house. Then off Mom would go to do something either with someone or for someone. Our house when I was growing up was "Clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy". I think that was a mantra with my Mother.

But the poem said something about someone needing to clean house and get after those cobwebs. Until a friend needed a friend then of course the cobweb was kinda forgotten because of course it would still be there tomorrow but the friend might not be.

I have a plaque that has the saying about clean/healthy, dirty/happy. But I have NO idea what the heck ever happened to that poem about the cobweb.

But I agree. Houses need to be clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy because that cobweb will still be there but now it's time for the friend because they might not be here tomorrow.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby snowball » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:12 am

my mom had a plack that said something to the effect my house isn't always this bad...sometimes it's even worse
when I had a home and kids at home they knew mom was having a tupperware or what ever party cause the house had to be cleaned up :lol:
Sheila
snowball

Previous

Return to General Talk