bluepinecones and me

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

bluepinecones and me

Postby Sparkle » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Sarah and I had lunch. Note the snazzy table at Captain D's.

After staying in the Huntsville area for about 10 years Sarah took me to the source of the Big Spring. It was Huntsville's water supply until 1957. The natural spring produces 24 million gallons a day. There is a big cave that runs under the Courthouse and various other buildings. The water gushes out from behind this mossy rock.

It runs through this canal. There are Koi in the water

I loved the pattern of reflections on the water.

A BIG Koi.
Sparkle

Re: bluepinecones and me

Postby mtngal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:22 pm

Beautiful, beautiful water. The springs in the south amaze me. The water I know about melts from the snow in the mountains. It sure doesn't bubble up out of the ground in CA!
Diana
mtngal

Postby sharon » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Now Sparkle's got Sarah doing it! By the time she's done we won't have a picture of anyone here!

Diana, of course we have water bubbling out of the ground....it's just that it's hot water, not cold!! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Mollysmom » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Cool pictures !
Thanks for sharing :D
It amazes me that the spring produces so much water every day ! That's just incredible !!
Mollysmom

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:48 pm

Hmmm, not sure I should speak to non-entities. Ha

Neat pictures, tho.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dcricket » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Truly enjoyed the pictures and history of the spring. How neat. Keep em coming. :)

...and yup...CA has bubbly water and it's niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice and warm and great healing properties. Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Oh, No!! :o Another "talk to the hand" photo....must not have been drinking "adult beverages" the 2 of you.... :lol:

I, also, enjoyed the tour of the spring....we all sure do visit interesting places.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:12 am

Captain D's version of adult beverages limited to those with caffeine, not the same effect.

Sparkle braved a 30 mile an hour wind to get those lovely shots of the spring. It was very chilly here today, mostly due to the wind. Brave lady. We stayed in the van to view the rest of the park which runs for several city blocks in the heart of downtown.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:52 am

OK, GIRLS!!! This "HAND AFFLICTION" has to GO!!!! It's like trying to view the Mona Lisa with a hospital mask over her mouth, for heavens' sakes!!! Other than that, your spring pictures were great! Those fish don't seem to have any problem with exposing their entire faces!!! Take a lesson from them! I was hoping to see at least ONE picture of Blue so I could know to whom I am talking on here! I have at least seen Sparkle's face once or twice when she was frolicing with Beth!

Glad you two are having a fun time, in spite of cold winds. It's so much fun to see what others are doing and what they are seeing. By the time I get on the road, I may have at least an inkling of what I would like to see and where I might like to go. Thanks for sharing-----even if it was just a masquerade costume of yourselves!!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Liz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:00 am

Some of the neatest places are very close to home and yet we let years go by before we visit them! You had to come back as a tourist to see that spring, Sparkle. Nice pictures, thanks. Sarah looks a lot like you, are you related?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Sparkle » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:03 am

Liz wrote: Sarah looks a lot like you, are you related?

Seeestahs?

I was going to say, just by hand, but that sounded obscene. :lol:
Sparkle

Postby Paulette » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:55 am

LOL at that last comment Sparkle!

You know, I lived in Huntsville (when I was a kid) for a year but never knew of the spring...guess I'll have to go back some time and do a tour...see if I can find the house we lived in!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:24 am

Wow, that sure is some interesting history! The pictures are great, also. I love the pond pic with the koi! Thanks for braving the cold to share with us!
AlmostThere

Postby avalen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:32 am

very interesting
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:58 pm

wonder why they don't use that spring for water now? was there any explanation? thanks for the pics,.... nice to "see" you ... haha.... :lol:
Cedar518

Next

Return to General Talk