Mexico and my new Avatar

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Mexico and my new Avatar

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Went to Mexico again on Thursday. Had a good day. Went past some sylists cutting hair and I pointed out a really short hair cut one was doing - saying I wouldn't mind my hair like that. We went to lunch and shopping and later in the day walked past there again. That stylist was free - I walked in - asked her if she could cut my hair very short like the lady she'd done that morning. She said yes (probably had no idea who I meant LOL) - but my friends sat and watched while she cut all my hair off. One of them occasionally gave directions, at which time this young lady, in broken English, asked if they were my seesters. I said no, friends, and she said "act like seesters".

My new avatar is a pic I took today of my new haircut. I love it - been a few years since I've had my hair this short - hope to keep it this way for awhile (until I get bored or too lazy to go get it cut again :) )
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Mexico and my new Avatar

Postby Liz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:48 pm

Very cute, Beth. Did you tell her there's a reason we act like seesters?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Sparkle » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Good Lord! You did get it cut! You look like a Pixie - a cute one. Now what does Gio think of it, and Tony? Any comments?
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:41 pm

So far all comments have been favorable. Haven't seen Gio - Saw Tony briefly while he was exercising. He's gone for several days now so will find out when he gets back. My friend in Alabama has no desire to see my haircut this way - he hates short hair - I mentioned in an email I was shorn and he's emailed back, but no mention of that :)

On another note - two of the ladies here brought around a rose to me (and several other of the women here today). Sure wish I had thought of doing that - specially with the single ladies.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:51 pm

OMG!!! I LOVE it!!!! It's so you.... ;) Makes you look younger.....That's why I keep my hair so short....makes me look younger..... :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Mollysmom » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:55 pm

Really Really Cute !!! I like it allot !!!
Mollysmom

Postby dpf » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:37 pm

It looks great on you! My theory is if my hair takes longer than five minutes to wash, dry and fix...it's too long.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Sparkle » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:39 pm

I'm used to you being blonder. We'll have to take lots of walks on the beach and get it streaked again.
Sparkle

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:41 pm

I LOVE it!!! I agree, the shorter the better and easier.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby sharon » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:01 pm

Looks cute on you, Beth. What does Elvis think of it?? :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:05 pm

Hmmmmmmmm, Sharon, maybe I'll have to go find out Monday night.

Sparkle - yep, I was hoping for sun today - as the only hair left has never seen it - should be able to get it light in no time if the sun obliges.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Cute "doo" Beth. Looks very care free!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby asirimarco » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Great haircut - bet it feels good - just wash and wear. Its about time to get mine cut again.
asirimarco

Postby Barbzeee » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:52 pm

Wow...you did get a hair cut...but I love it...looks great...hey, just think you just are now a wash and where ya going gal..:)

Now you don't have to worry about having brushes and combs...LOL....you can multi task

Alrighty

God Bless
Zeee
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Zeee, you sure got that right. Wash and where did I go LOL - out the door!

Oh, and while I never planned on getting my cut in MX - the cost - $5 - I doubled it and gave her $10 - she was grinning ear to ear when I left.
Beth
Bethers

Next

Return to General Talk