Winter Sun Set

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Winter Sun Set

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:18 pm

Sorry ladies. Nothing exciting to write about and I wanted to practice posting photo again before I forget how to do so.

Actually glad there was nothing too exciting as we got quite a blow thru here yesterday with the storms as they crossed north AL. Happy to report no serious damage any where in the county but there were a few trees down. I am amazed at how much a tree can sway without breaking; mine only lost a few small limbs. Following shots were taken from my lower back door about 5:45 PM today. A month ago it would have been pitch black dark at that time. So happy to see the days grow longer with light.

The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Winter Sun Set

Postby Sparkle » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:31 pm

When I got back from visiting Bluepinecones I found a decent sized tree had crashed just behind where my truck had been. It wouldn't have damaged it, but the noise would have had me running out to investigate. But I do enjoy listening to the wind roaring in the trees and to look out and see the trees with their arms upraised waving to the skies.
Sparkle

Postby snowball » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:21 am

very pretty
sheila
snowball

Postby Liz » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:35 am

Sparkle wrote: But I do enjoy listening to the wind roaring in the trees and to look out and see the trees with their arms upraised waving to the skies.

They're praying, Sparkle. Beautiful sunset through the trees, Sarah. Northern Alabama is very pretty in the spring, especially when the dogwoods begin to bloom. Won't be long.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:44 am

Hi Sarah,

It's always great to see more hours of daylight beginning to return. I have wintered in L-A but never have been in the northern AL area. I hope to get back south again sometime.
Cedar518

Postby dcricket » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Very pretty pics. Northern AL. Hmmm that's where we'd like to be.
Sparkle, good thing you were visiting. Would've been absolutely terrible to have the tree limb come so close. Yikes! :shock:
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Return to General Talk