Shopping was fun

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Shopping was fun

Postby avalen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:28 pm

Shopping certainly was fun, bought two pairs of shoes and one top. (so far) Saw lots
of cute tops but they were either too small or too big, even found one I thought was
really cute but it turned out to be a maternity top! Was in there for hours but I still
have some to spend so I'll be going back again. I just wanna know one thing, when the
heck did they put trick mirrors in the ladies dressing room, those mirrors made me
look like I had bulges on the back of my arms and elbows, geez, my mirror at home
doesn't do that :lol: Also got a $10 Kohls cash for my next visit, so I'm happy, going
back on Wednesday since we have an early release day at school.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Shopping was fun

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:29 pm

You did the kind of shopping I enjoy - when I get a gift card and have to spend it. Yep, no guilt with those :) Glad you found a few items - and glad you have money to spend yet. There's store down here similar to Kohl's called Beall's - Sparkle and I both have managed to spend money there - without gift cards :oops: But last time in, I carried a top around with me, but then put it back. I have been breaking my rv rule - if anything comes in, something has to go out. I'm running out of room!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:36 pm

oh no, I forgot the "rv rule" does it count that I threw two pairs of shoes away last
week? and it will be easy to throw away an old tshirt :lol:
avalen

Postby Mollysmom » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:09 pm

I'm so glad you had fun shopping !!! Kohl's is a great store - enjoy spending the rest of your gift money !!!
Mollysmom

Postby Sparkle » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:55 pm

I just buy a rig with a bigger closet. Closets are a make or break deal with me. I LOVE clothes, whether from a Thrifty, my dead lady clothes, or a regular store. Hate shoes though. I finally, after seeing the nice ones Beth had, broke down and bought a pair.
I had to go back in and Edit this because I just had a thought. Ava, did you not buy the maternity top in case it was, "if you build it, they will come."?
Sparkle

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Sounds like a wonderful shopping spree; Enjoy every minute of it. You'll find a place for all those goodies.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby avalen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:57 pm

Sparkle wrote: Ava, did you not buy the maternity top in case it was, "if you build it, they will come."?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
avalen

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:32 am

Doncha just HATE those trick, carnival-like mirrors in the stalls in stores!!!

It's been so long since I've actually tried on anything in a store that I can't even remember the last time I did it. Since our Ames department store went out of existence in Saranac Lake, I really haven't bought anything to wear, other than the occassional cheapy things I find at Kinney Drugs. I have gotten some really nice fleece jackets there, and some neat other shirts---but no place to try them on, so I bring them home and if they don't fit, exchange them the next day.

My other favorite place to buy anything, Steve and Somebody's---oh yeah, Steve and Barry's----I hear is going out of business, too. I used to go there when I visit my bro in PA, and most of my winter jackets have come from them. Nothing over 10.00 in the entire store! Sort of like a dollar store for clothing! I shall miss that place terribly.

If WalMart were closer than 40 miles one way, I would go there----but, oh well.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:59 am

ie; dressing room mirrors... If you're lucky they offer two. How can anyone see their backside when trying on clothes? I end up having to take out my compact that has a mirror, but then I only see sections of my bee-hind. And the lighting is always too bright or too dim. ;)
AlmostThere

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:17 am

those dang mirrors are why I haven't tried on a bathing suit in YEARS! :o :lol:

Glad you found some good things, Ava!
Cedar518

Return to General Talk