First Camp

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

First Camp

Postby Liz » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 am

Belle says this first camp isn't worth a mention in HER thread, you could hardly call it camping. When we got there late yesterday afternoon, the temps were already dropping, as was the sun. We had just one little walk with Roe around the cg loop. No one wanted to set anything up to cook outside or even start a campfire, so we cooked and ate inside. Here's a picture of the beds/dinette before Travasak. After spending an hour making up the beds the other day, I was determined to use them before remaking them with Travasaks.

We ran the heat all night and it was hovering around 32 degrees outside this morning. Another quick walk for Roe....no hike because someone (me) forgot to bring her jacket, hat, and gloves! Bandit found a nice spot to watch the squirrels jumping from tree to tree.

What do you mean, no hike?

Verdict: propane heat works well, hot water heater comes on heats water lukewarm, then cuts off...added that to my list to have checked; coffee pot & microwave work, black and grey water valves need some R&R....I'll try to remedy that myself.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Re: First Camp

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:44 am

looks great Liz!
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:14 pm

Glad you're finding the things to check on now - and get the little kinks worked out. Poor Roe - yep, says, MOM where is my HIKE!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Oh I know that look on Roe's face. When I broke my foot Bogie would get his leash out of the rack and put it on my lap. It was such a gorgeous Fall that year too. I could only say, "Me too, Bogie!"
Sparkle

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Liz looks great. It was cold last night, so don't blame you for not getting out in it. But do understand Roe wanting his daily hike, know he missed that.
But glad everything worked good for you.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:01 pm

Looks good, Liz. Love the window flamingo.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Liz » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:56 pm

I had a liitle trouble peeling that flamingo off the RT and putting it on the PW. So maybe all its parts are not proportional or in the right place! :lol:
Liz
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Like the kitty at the window part. Propane heat is what i had to use that lst nite coming back north from NC when the stop over above Knoxville went down to the single digits. It is warm but the blower coming on and off it difficult to adjust to (but so is freezing...) If I am connected to electric I use a small ceramic electric heater. It puts out noise but it is more a continuous white noise. The truth is I think I need to bring ear plugs and trust the dogs to wake me if there is something I need to respond to. Where is that deep sleeep of babes we had in our youth? This getting older and not sleeping well is not fun. Back on topic..... The maiden trip appears to have been a success. Now with the customizing that is creative and fun to make it your own.

Tina
BirdbyBird

Postby Lotus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:14 pm

Your beds are made up so neatly, and I love your quilts! Did you make them? Will the Travasaks be in lieu of the quilts, or will you still use quilts also? Can't wait to see and read more!

Lotus
Lotus

Postby Liz » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:42 pm

My sister-in-law is the quilt maker...she does beautiful work. She gave the one on the left as a lap quilt to my husband when he was undergoing dialysis. The other one she gave me to use in the Roadtrek. I think they'll stay at least as extra blankets with the Travasaks. As to noise at night...not a problem for me; I just take out my hearing aids! :lol:
Liz
Liz

Postby dcricket » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:48 pm

LOVE the quilts! Brrrrrrr sounds cold. I seem to sleep much better in my RV than in my own stick home bed. There is something about being out in the rig that is so comforting. It screams of total get away relaxation. Like my little escape pod from reality. When I do have the luxury of full hook-ups, the noise of the furnance coming on and off doesn't bother me too much. Usually we are out in the desert and the noise of buggys, ATVs, generators, and people up all hours chitter chattering (partying), will distract me from peaceful slumber.

I also like the flamingo sticker quite well also. :)
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby mtngal » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Hi Liz, glad your shake down trip went well, even it was COLD! :)
Diana
mtngal

Postby sharon » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:54 am

Don't ya just hate it when you forget something important.....like a coat??? I remember once we left for a 3 week vacation and I forgot all of DH's skivies...Oops! Had to stop and buy him some. He wasn't to happy with me. I told him I would share mine, but since I weighed 115 and he weighed 250 he wasn't to impressed with my idea. :roll:

Glad your trip went well for the most part, that's what shakedowns are for. Get everything straightened out and then hit the road!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby LegalLady » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 am

Hey Liz, any trip in your rig counts as a camping trip and I am soooo jealous you got to do it! Every night I drive home from work and study the "Pod" to see if the snow is any less on it! Every night it looks pretty much the same. Bummer.

I loved your interior pics and the pics of your best buds! Aren't they great company?

Your quilts are beautiful. I have two identical quilts that I made ten years ago or so for my parents when they had their Roadtrek. After my mom died, my dad gave them back to me to use in my own rig. I do spread a sheet over them during the day so the poodle doesn't dirty them or create wear with the rough pads of his paws.
Leslie
Boston, MA
2007 Roadtrek 210P
LegalLady

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:12 am

Whenever I am about to head off for a trip, especially the first trip after I have removed everything from the MH due to past freezing temps... I try to mentally check off important things: you know medications, first aid kit, dog food, a variety of leashes, replaced the clean towels after laundry, people food, clothes, etc, etc. At some point I get calm because - I know that most everything is available at Walmart or whereever.....It is more efficient for me to make an extra stop out on the road than it is to torture myself with the - "what am I forgetting now pressure!" And yes I have several tubes of hand cream to my name....now!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Return to General Talk