Shona is dying

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Shona is dying

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:39 pm

I've been wondering if Shona made it back to her favorite spot, and am so happy to see that she did. You will miss her, I know, and so will Bogie for a while. She lived a very full cat's life, and chose to go in her own manner.

Hugs to you, and I hope your cold is better so you can enjoy being in your great spot. Would love to see some pictures of where you are, when you are ready.

Licks from Molly, too
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby dpf » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:46 pm

I'm so sorry Sparkle. You gave her a wonderful home for many years and that is a blessing for any animal. I have tears in my eyes thinking of your sadness, but yet a smile because she was able to leave you at her special place. ((((HUGS))))
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby bluepinecones » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:00 pm

I am so sorry about Shona. Know it helps a little to have made it back to one of her favorite spots.
Love and licks from me and Nicky. Let us know when you are ready for some company and we'll be there.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:11 pm

Tears are running down my face. A mixture of such sadness for you, and also a happiness for Shona who was able to go find peace in her favorite place. I de believe she held on till you got there, somehow knew you were taking her home.

I'm glad I was able to spend some time with here - and I do believe she enjoyed it here - staying out visiting the other cats wandering the park at night, then basking in the sunshine at your site by day.

Yes, her time came - (((((((((((((((((((((((( Sparkle ))))))))))))))))))))))))))) you two gave each other a lot of love and comfort.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:15 pm

oh no, this makes me so sad even though I knew it would happen. I'm so sorry
Sparkle.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby OutandAbout » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:20 pm

I am so sorry sparkle. I know Shona was at peace, especially in her favorite spot. She got to go the way she wanted and you helped her with that, so take comfort in that. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Mollysmom » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Heartfelt sympathy to you and Bogie - I'm so happy Shona was able to get to her favorite place.
You gave her an awesome life and allowed her to die the way she wanted.
Hugs to you from Molly Murphy and Me ..
Mollysmom

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Shona did it her way,... and Sparkle you were wise to let that happen. It is what Shona wanted, obviously. I brought my old cat Snickers back to the house twice,...then took her to the vets for the injection, and sobbed my heart out. I am sure she was following what is natural for animals and I forced it to happen "my way." I hope she forgave me.

Hugs to you and Bogie,...
Cedar518

Postby Sparkle » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:03 pm

I have only good memories of Shona. I don't even feel guilty for the number of times I glared at her and asked, "Aren't you dead yet?" She and I knew I didn't mean it. I remember when I had a water bed she would wait until the bottom sheet was on and then jump on the bed. I had to throw the top sheet over her and we would spend ten minutes playing. She would scoot all over the bed while I chased the lump. Then she'd lie on her back, four feet stiff in the air while I patted at her. She would kick her feet at my hand. Her eyes would be sparkling when she finally popped out from under the sheet.
Thank you all for being with me through this. I haven't cried, I know it was a relief to her.
Sparkle

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Sparkle, so sorry that you lost Shona. But happy that you both made it back to her favorite spot. Much better than having to put her down. Let her go on her own. (((((((((Hugs))))))))))
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Lotus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:26 pm

Sparkle,
I too am sorry to hear about your Shona. It's never easy. I'm glad also that you made it to her favorite spot. Sounds like that what she wanted.

Lotus
Lotus

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:04 pm

Sorry Shona is gone. Big hugs to you.
AlmostThere

Postby snowball » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:53 am

ahh Sparkle so sorry to hear about your shona it is so hard to let go of a beloved pet and to have had her that long...Wow!!! wish we were closer so we could give you hugs but viritual huggs will have to do (((((( Sparkle)))))
sheila
snowball

Postby Marslet » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:12 pm

Sparkle,
I have been gone for a few days and am just catching up on news. So sorry for your loss, I know she must have meant a lot to you. As I was reading the posts, I reread them again. I am confused, I read where she enjoyed being back in one of her favorite spots, and that you saw her going into the woods. Am I correct in that she was very sick and couldn't have wandered very far? What is confusing me, is did you try to find her body so you could give her a decent burial? Sorry if I misunderstood what I read. I know you had plans to bury her if she died before she got there because I read that in an old post.
Again, sorry for you loss.

Marslet

Marslet

Postby Echo » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:50 pm

Sparkle, so very sorry for your's and Bogie's loss of Shona. But glad at the same time that you were able to get her to the park in time. It's a very loving thing you have done to allow her to follow her instincts on this.

I know it will hurt for awhile. But you are right that it was a release for her.

I smiled so much when I read that the two of you use to play 'blanket monster'. It's a wonderful game, altho I not entirely sure who has more fun. We humans or the furbabies. :)

Rest easy in your heart Sparkle, you did good.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk