My quiet day

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: My quiet day

Postby avalen » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:10 pm

dinner looks good, sorry I missed it, :D I'm not usually late for dinner, what a peaceful
relaxing scene to eat it in.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Mollysmom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:11 pm

I love your pictures ! that's my kind of day for sure :D
Mollysmom

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:10 pm

What a wonderful peaceful day you must have had, that place is ideal. Thanks for posting, Sparkle, hey, your meal looked delicious and made me hungry, I love shrimp!!

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby MsBHaven » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:27 pm

Wow! That was a beautiful sunrise!
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:16 am

I guess I had a brain fart as I assumed the picture of the shrimp meal was taken in a restaurant. It made me hungry! You know we eat with our eyes first so the presentation on that plate was wonderful! I just posted on another thread that in my seminars for my weightloss classes we were told to eat our meals off of fancy plates because we are special and should treat ourselves as such. Case in point; your plate helped to made that meal even more delicious looking.
AlmostThere

Postby Sparkle » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:54 am

Oh I agree! I often buy pretty plates at thrift stores. They don't need to match, ther's just me. I lost them all when I totalled my last rig. When I get to Huntsville I'm going to pick up a box of Blue Risdge china I have in storage. I hate drinking water, but when I get on a kick, I MUST drink water, I use antique crystal goblets. Still tastes like s@@@, but it helps me gag it down.
Sparkle

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Sparkle, I swear if I don't get to meet you sometime soon, I am going to feel really gypped!

You totally crack me up, and seem to have so many of the same ideas about life that I have! (Heaven help you!)

I, too, hate water! Which is why, when I am supposed to drink 8 ounces of water to wash down my weekly Fossamax pill, I gag and gag and gag!!! (I now cheat, however, and can drink lemon-flavored seltzer instead of flat, icky water!) I have never thought about trying water in antique crystal goblets, however! I may give that a try next Wednesday!
Last edited by Nasoosie on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Sparkle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:32 pm

Oh thank heavens! I thought I was the only one. I am normal..I am! Anyway, I'll stick this in here. I'm in a Walmarts parking lot in Jackson Mississippi. I drove the Natchez Trace from Natchez to Jackson. I swear I was the only person on the road for 100 miles. I loved it. I'm hoping to pick up the other half that goes from Jackson to Nashville, I'll pop of a Tulepa, I think its called, and cross over to Huntsville.
Sparkle

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 pm

I've never liked plain old water, crystal glass or not! However, adding a little fresh lemon or lime juice to it usually makes it go down much easier.

Glad to know where you are, was getting worried. Friday is a good day to arrive here. No more below freezing temps after tonight.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Echo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Ya'll are weird, weird, weird and more weird!!!

What is there not to like about drinking water???? Yum! It works just like a shower too, only for your insides. Ya take a shower to wash off the outside of ya. Well ya drink water to washout the insides. :D

My Mother use to say that there was something wrong with me because I drank to much water. So she tattled on me to her doctor. He asked her how much water she drank a day? Mom told him ?? maybe 6oz. Oh boy!!! She got a wicked lecture about not drinking enough water. And that she should take a lesson from my book. LOLOLOL

Got to give Mom credit tho. She could have kept quiet and not said anything. But she did tell me. LOL Ever after I was always on her to drink more water. LOL
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby WickedLady » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:22 pm

Water is great...when used to make coffee.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby Liz » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:36 am

I love the Natchez Trace....leisurely pace, very little traffic, NP campgrounds are free, lots of places to rest & trails to walk the dog, historical sites to see.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby asirimarco » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:45 am

Great pictues. I could have sworn I posted here - another puff I guess. Love the sunrise and sunsets. And I too thought the meal was at a restaurant.
Know you enjoyed it even if you had to cook it. Have a safe journey.
asirimarco

Postby sharon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:08 am

I'm with Marda, the only thing water is good for is coffee and a long hot shower! Sounds like a great trip Sparkle, so glad you're enjoying it. Keep on truckin' GF!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:10 pm

Got my hand raised! I get into trouble every weigh-in for not drinking my "EIGHT" glasses of water a day. The only time I could choke down that much water is if I ate half a salty ham!
AlmostThere

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk