Made an offer.....

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Made an offer.....

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:28 am

I'm wondering if they are dragging their feet to make you change your offer to something higher. Stick to your guns. If it was meant to be, it will happen.
AlmostThere

Postby sharon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:43 pm

This waiting is killing me! Can't imagine what you're going thru! :(
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mtngal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:48 pm

Grrrrrrrr, yes it's nerve racking! I'm trying to let go of outcomes, and just be here now! Latest update......I called about 2 pm, left message, told them I was going out of town for a couple days, got a voice mail back that they were still going over the figures. (???) I'm ok if this isn't the 'one', it's fun shopping too.
Diana
mtngal

Postby sharon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:14 am

Going over figures??? What's to go over? Jeesh! Sounds like they're waiting to see if they get any higher offers, but don't want to let go of you just in case no one else wants it...Is this a private party or dealer? Times are tough, not a lot of people buying until they see what the economy is gonna do and if fuel prices are gonna go sky high again. Hang in there GF, really sounds like either you're the only customer or someone else has called on it and are taking their sweet time about seeing it and making an offer. Might be a bidding war coming on! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby LegalLady » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:20 am

When I bought my Roadtrek last summer, the owner said he had someone else interested who was offering more money. I told him I had made him my best offer, and said I wished him well, and if the other deal fell through to get back to me. Which he did. I kept saying I would be looking at other rigs if he couldn't accept my offer. I stuck to my guns and acted like I did not care whether he accepted my offer or not (and I tried really hard to not get emotionally invested in this rig). He ultimately came back and sold to me.

I really, really believe an attitude of <I don't care if I buy from you or someone else and I'm not offering more to make this deal happen> really comes through in negotiations. If they think you will walk away, it makes them more willing to sell to you. Wierd I know, but I've seen it work over and over.

And there really are lots of other out there, even Bs which I know are much harder to find. If it is meant to be it will, and if not, it won't.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I do love my B.
Leslie
Boston, MA
2007 Roadtrek 210P
LegalLady

Postby Bethers » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:21 am

When I bought my Class C - I had accepted the sellers price on the phone if it was what I wanted when I saw it - soon! Well, it was a couple months before they could finally arrange for me to see it - I did, and left without purchasing. I loved this rig, but no longer was willing to pay their price (after looking at others, etc). Well, the next day I called them and said, here's my top offer - think about it and let me know. The husband said, hold on, and in less than 30 seconds was back and said, we didn't want to go lower, but we accept.

Another person I know made an offer and the people sat on it. After 24 hours he called them and rescinded his offer - said he was looking at othrs, and if they didn't sell, to call him back and they could "discuss" it again if he hadn't yet purchased. Two weeks later, when they hadn't sold, they called him back and said he could have it at that price. He told them he had just looked at another that he was considering, but did like theirs, however the price he had offered before was no longer good - and he said, if they would agree right then and there on his new offer, he'd make the decision on theirs. His new offer? $1000 less than his original. They accepted.

It is a buyers market right now - and if you made a good offer, they should accept or deny - not play with you while hoping other offers come in. Just my 2 cents.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mtngal » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks for all the good feedback, I'm really fine with just waiting a bit at this point, I did make a low offer and am not planning to haggle over price.
No bidding wars for me! Time is getting tight anyway. I'm planning to leave for CA on the 22nd or 23rd. But I surely will let you all know what ever
happens.
Diana
mtngal

Postby sharon » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:42 pm

You wouldn't happen to be coming thru SoCal on your way back would you?

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Previous

Return to General Talk