Leaving Southern California

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Leaving Southern California

Postby oregontocal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:54 pm

I haven't posted much for quite a while as I feel midway between lives right now: I'm still technically a fulltimer yet I've got a house in Oklahoma where I'm going to be living in a few weeks. It's been difficult to figure out just exactly where I am sometimes.

Anyway, it was easier to write a couple of blog entries.

Chris
oregontocal

Re: Leaving Southern California

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:25 pm

Chris, I hope you will keep posting, even though, you will be in a stick house. I have thoroughly enjoyed your travels for some time. You're keeping your r.v. aren't you? You aren't giving up your travels all together are you? Whatever is in your future, Good luck to you!!!

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Mollysmom » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Change can be so hard, even when we know it's the right thing to do.
I'm sure you'll keep in touch with family and friends and I know you and Lou will find a way to see one another as often as possible.
Oklahoma is not forever !! If you get there and find it's not the right fit, you can move on to the next chapter of your life story.
I applaud your courage - it'd be easier to just stay put ! It's hard to move forward, buy you're doing it !!!
Once you get to your sweet little house and start "feathering your nest", you'll get caught up in the excitement !!
Hang tough - it'll be fine !!
Mollysmom

Postby avalen » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 am

after you get moved in and settled, perhaps you'll find time for a short weekend
on occasion with the rv. A little gtg perhaps when someone is going through
your area? All is good and I do hope you keep in touch.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:51 am

Chris, I live in a regular house and have a part-year job. But I still get out with my camper a lot during warmer weather, so that doesn't mean you can't be here with us and post when you want to..... we would miss you if you just went "poof!" and disappeared!
Cedar518

Postby oregontocal » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:02 am

No, I'm not planning to disappear in a puff of smoke. I'm keeping the MH as long as I can make the payments because, especially on this trip, I've found it a joy to drive, especially not towing the pickup. It's small enough to make a u-turn at the end of those strange, go-nowhere roads, as well as park just about anyplace. I'm enjoying the journey much more now, not needing to worry about "will I be able to turn around without unhooking?" I enjoy RVing very much; it's just the fulltiming that has started to get old.
oregontocal

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Chris I can understand keeping the RV but not fulltiming. I know that I'd never enjoy fulltiming. I'd have to have a real home to come home to frequently as I do love my conviences like my own washer and dryer, dishwasher, full sized sink, stove, range and a toilet that I don't have to worry once I flush it! JMHO
AlmostThere

Postby oregontocal » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:18 pm

I don't care so much about the appliances, although a full-size stove and oven will be nice. However, I miss counter space, a garden, and a place to sew and hoard fabric again. I've decided the place needs shelves in the small laundry room for a pantry instead of a washer/dryer. I'm so used to using laundromats I won't miss those appliances at all. Don't need a dishwasher. I WILL love having a tub and shower.
oregontocal

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:09 am

I'm excited for you to get back to Bartlesville and start nesting. That little house is so interesting! You know we'll want tons of pictures of how you will be making it your own. Take care!
AlmostThere

Postby Liz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:38 am

That's right, Chris....we want to hear all about your life in your stick house....it's as interesting as your travels!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:22 pm

What all the others have said goes for me, too!

I don't think I will ever be able to totally give up my rooted house. I truly love it, other than in the dead of winter when it's just too cold to even enjoy the snow. But, when I retire, I hope to be able to leave this place whenever I want to get away and explore and meet others on the road. In the summer, there is no place I would rather be than right here!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:16 pm

I agree that your house is so interesting that we're going to enjoy pics after you are moved in and as someone said, "nesting"... love that term.
Cedar518

Return to General Talk