Girls Night Out!!! Karaoke....lol

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Girls Night Out!!! Karaoke....lol

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:46 pm

Okay...well, Friday night we all talked about going to "The Salty Dog" Saturday night for Karaoke.....but really didn't decide until coming back from Rockport....Ernie said why do all you gals go and have a Girls Night Out......So since we discovered that Sparkle had left, Beth invited a friend of her's in the park to go with us....and we made a date to leave around 9pm.....I played taxi driver in the Tundra, picking up Beth, her friend, Vicki, and Kellie and off we go to the Salty Dog....Not a big crowd, but enough to have a good time.....Kellie volenteered to be the soda drinker so that, if needed, we'd have a sober driver back to the park... ;) We sat and sang along with other folks as they sang everything under the sun.....Beth kept egging Vicki on to get up and sing.....Seems she's experienced at Karaoke....Well, after about 3 beers, Vicki gets up and does a couple tunes...returning to get us to sing a song with her.....Now, to photos with captions..... :lol: Please excuse some that are blurry...we were all laughing so hard....
l to r: front: Lori, Vicki, Beth....Back: Scooter, a young guy who sings "Grease" tunes with Vicki, and Kellie
Beth and Vicki singing "I am Woman"..
I joined in with them for the fun and to help out..... :lol:
Kellie took the last photo and she was laughing so hard, she couldn't hold still enough...but you get the drift.... ;)
We had a good time.....and stayed til closing.....arriving safe and sound at the park about 1:30am....
Now that was a great "Girls Night Out"!!!! ;) :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Re: Girls Night Out!!! Karaoke....lol

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:19 pm

If I remember correctly, Lori, you are a past singer, too, so I bet you really enjoyed the evening.
Thanks for sharing the fun with us!
AlmostThere

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:05 pm

"....hear me roar".... with laughter. What a wonderful evening! I'm so glad you had a good time.
Cedar518

Postby avalen » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:49 pm

OH HOW FUN!!, last time I had a night out like that was about 7 years ago. I think I'm due.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Sparkle » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:03 pm

See what I'm missing! But I'm glad you had a good time. Looked like a lot of fun.
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:48 pm

I can't begin to tell you all how blessed I am with so many wonderful friends - old, new and everything in between. Now, Lori and Ernie will pull out in the morning, but Kellie will remain for a bit - need to see what mischief the 2 of us can continue to get into.

I'm hoping that Vicki joins the forum - time will tell - she's the ony person I've gotten up and actually sang karaoke with. I've been a background dancer (and background singer without mic) but for her, I actually have sung. God forbid - the poor ears of the people in the audience.

Yep, "Hear me ROAR" is about right :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dcricket » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:11 am

Wahooooooooooo yippy kye aye....looks like lots and lots of fun. My friend that owns a resturant is now putting karaoke in the bar section of the resturant to try and get some business in the place and money in her till.
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby kelpie » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:45 am

I cannot begin to tell you how much fun i am having here with Beth, Sparkle and Lori and Ernie. I love love love it here - this park, this town and the BEACHES!! I have photos of my own to post but have been having some difficulties with photobucket. Lori and Ernie just left and I will be moving into their site soon where I will stay put for a whole week! Plan to get several chores done and see what other kinds of mischief I can get into.
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby asirimarco » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:53 am

Looks like you guys are having a ball - go for it. Thanks for the pictures
asirimarco

Postby Sparkle » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:25 pm

Wait and see Kellie. You'll end up doing what I did. 2 months, when I had planned on two weeks! This beach is only about 80 miles from where you are. Hint. :D
Sparkle

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Okay Sparkle, please give me exact directions to the beach where you are. Are there any RV parks there with hookups? I've booked into a 10 site RV park for week of 3/9 in Port Lavaca - Oceanside RV Park. Right on beach with bird sanctuary right behind. Are you east or west of Port Lavaca?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Sparkle » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:26 pm

I Pm'd you, Karen
Sparkle

Postby dpf » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:55 pm

I don't think there is enough "adult beverages" in the world to get me to sing! I was a girl's choir reject in high school...had to get my music credit from band.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby carold » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:02 pm

I'm definitely a shower singer :lol: but love to go to kareoke and listen to everyone else. :twisted: Going to a big one this Wed. night with 10 other couples. It seems like a lot is happening in that part of Texas. Beth, they may never let you leave. carold
carold

Postby carold » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:07 pm

I'm definitely a shower gal when it comes to singing. At least, that's what my friends hope I do :lol: Beth, are you getting any commissions with all these gals you're bringing in???? carold
carold

Next

Return to General Talk