Sparkle Snuck Out

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Sparkle Snuck Out

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:46 pm

I stopped by Sparkle's site this morning with Peaches - helped her put her 2nd lp tank back on, and we discussed we'd meet tomorrow morning for breakfast before she took off. We also discussed karaoke tonight (which I expected her to beg off, but she actually said probably not, but maybe). Shortly thereafter, Ernie and Lori picked me up, then picked Kellie up and off to Rockport we four went to have a day sight-seeing while Sparkle was cleaning putting away, etc.

Came back and when Ernie drove me to my site, I wasn't looking, but out of the corner of my eye noticed that her truck wasn't there - figured she ran to the store, etc. Got Peaches and took her for a walk, including a stop at Sparkle's site - to find it EMPTY. Yes, she SNUCK OUT. She is in TROUBLE with not just a capital T but all caps!

Sparkle, I know you hate goodbyes, but geez. Safe travels my friend - let me know you're safe - and I'll be looking forward to you returning in March.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Sparkle Snuck Out

Postby Redetotry » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:02 pm

Oh Oh Beth, better check around for Elvis she might have kidnapped him!
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Paulette » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:10 pm

Shame on Sparkle! But, safe travels.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Sparkle » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:24 pm

I didn't snuck, I was chucked! I thought I was there until the 1st until a guy came round to read my electric meter and asked if I was ready to go! Miscomunication somewhere. And my site was booked. Anyway, it was 10.30 or thereabouts and I was out by 11.30. Now I'm at Magnolia Beach, Port Lavaca. Boondocking. I've taken some photos, but let me describe it right now, I'm merely feet from the water, its slushing and slopping around. I can hear it with my door closed. Good sleeping tonight. Then there are about 8 shrimp Boats chugging up and down the Bay. I can hear their engines clearly. somehow its not annoying. :D
So I do apologise, and now that I'm safely away, of course I was going to go to Karaoke, and what's more...I was going to get up and sing...yeah right. :lol: I miss you guys. this has been the best two months of my Rving life. But I'll be back.
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:41 pm

I knew you'd be at Magnolia Beach. Actually, I think this morning was a better morning to travel, too - was sunny and so pretty out. You probably passed us going through Rockport. Be safe, need you back here in March! And I can't wait for our April journeys. We'll have a toast to you tonight.

Oh, watch the weather - the snow for Huntsville Mon and Tues looks worse than it did - good thing you are not in a hurry.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm going to stay here through Wednesday I think. Here I be.

The view from my doorstep. I'm just at the spot where Diane, Beth and I met a nice lady fishing.
Sparkle

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:45 pm

Sparkle, Sparkle you know what happens when you hear lapping of water around your unit when you are at the beach. REMEMBER there is high tide, that means the water will come in several more feet. Please don't floating away.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:47 pm

Nan, you can't tell it by this picture - but on this beach she's safe - tide doesn't come into where she's parked - even high tide :)

I love it there - for once I told Sparkle about a beach to camp at!
Beth
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:33 pm

Well, well, well......and here I was looking forward to singing with ya' tonight.... :lol: :roll: Geez, now Kellie and I have to keep Beth out of trouble.... ;) Ernie's not going cause he says "It's the girls night out".....................We're leaving Monday morning so will toot the horn on our way by.....You take care and safe travels.....and keep us posted.....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:16 pm

You're SURE there's no high tide. And here we all thought you'd run off with Elvis. Stay safe and here's hoping we can meet up in March. When are you returning to Port Aransas? We are booked into Port Lavaca week of 3/9. We can be in Port Aransas either the week before or the week after.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby mtngal » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:24 pm

Sparkle, looks like you got the BEST camping spot, and maybe you will catch a fish for your dinner like the gal we met! I'd say have fun, but it seems like you always do!!! Take care.
Diana
mtngal

Postby Sparkle » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:27 pm

Karen, don't have a date set yet. I'll have to see how much I miss Port A. I HAVE to go to Alabama and take care of some stuff. Then we'll see. But I'll keep those dates in mind.
Sparkle

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:04 pm

You have a beautiful spot, Sparkle....looks like a dream to me, especially since no higher tide there!

I, too, would do anythning to avoid goodbyes....I truly hate them. I always sob and cry out loud and thoroughly make an A&& of myself! Even with my kids! They know now to just slip away and not make a big production out of it!

Have a great night listening to the waves lap....I would give nearly anything to be transported there right now!!!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Mollysmom » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:15 pm

What a wonderful spot ! I can't imagine being that close to the water - it'd be so peaceful.
Be safe and happy travels
Mollysmom

Postby sharon » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:45 pm

Travel safe, Miss Sparkleplenty.....keep us posted as to where and how you are. Watch out for the snow and Elvis sightings.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Next

Return to General Talk