Day in Celestino Gazca

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Day in Celestino Gazca

Postby asirimarco » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Spent the day here enjoying the scenery and peace and quiet. I love the desert - the smell of dust and drying plants. Will be leaving tomorrow for Mazatlan for a few days. Mentioned I was going down to the beach to see the sunset last night...Here's one picture from the shore
And another from the campground
This morning looking out our front window
Walked down to the beach looking south
Looking north
Just some of the things laying around the beach - Thought this was a neat piece of old wood
And lots and lots of oyster shells laying around. Picked up several pieces of the mother of pearl to use in jewelry
This is the ladies rest room here - double shower
This was tonights sunset
Saw this blooming as I was walking back to motorhome - they are so pretty
Probably leave here around 10 tomorrow morning and head south. Only about 50 miles to Mazatlan.
It should be fun. It still gets real cool here at night down to mid 50s and during day it is in high 70 or low 80s.
Don't know if we'll have wifi or not - maybe my Air Card will work who knows.
asirimarco

Re: Day in Celestino Gazca

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Breath taking photos; loved every one of them. My favorite times on any beach are at sunrise and sunset. 8-)
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Lotus » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Carol,
I just wrote a post about your Mexico trip, but it disappeared! Dadgummit!! I'll be brief in this one.....daily look forward to reading more about your trip and seeing your wonderful pictures! Keep traveling.....

Becky
Lotus

Postby Bethers » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Beautiful, as always. So much enjoy your posts. Please, keep them coming!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Carol really pretty pictures!!!
Thanks again for sharing
Sheila
snowball

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:26 am

I look forward each day to see more of Mexico. It is so different from what I expected down there. And you are STILL heading SOUTH???? Are you going into Central America, or are you on the Baha Peninsula----I forget without looking at a map. Do you get U.S. money sent all the time, or how do you deal with money down there? Do regular credit or debit cards work? Do they even have those machines that give you money with your cards? (I have never used one, even up here, and can't think of what you even call them!)

Thanks so much for the pictures.....it's a real treat to see another place first-hand.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby asirimarco » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:38 am

Yep we're still going south - we are in mainland Mexico and are only about 1/3 of the way down the country. Don't know how far we will end up going but do know not into Central America anyway not this time. The Alfa is just too big to mistreat on the roads down there. We will probably go a ways more south then cut across into the interior and then either go towards the Yucatan or head back towards US. We want to be home by end of March - tax time you know.
Money is no problem. We can use credit cards in bigger grocery stores. There are ATMs in most big stores and/or towns. And we get a very good rate dollars/pesos from our bank and it only costs about 2 dollars. Gas stations used to only take cash - no credit cards - but now we see some of them will take cc. In places like Mazatlan you can use US dollars, but have to ask the exchange rate - It changes daily. It is around 14 to 1 now.
asirimarco

Postby avalen » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:40 am

I never get tired of looking for your posts, thank you so much for taking us along.
How far south are you going? Not sure if you've mentioned it before before, but
I'm gonna ask again, how do you manage the language barrier? Do you speak spanish
or do they speak more english than the world thinks?
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 am

Ahhh....endless sunsets, crashing waves, how do you motivate yourself to move on?

I'm wondering about your use of the aircard in MX. My Verizon aircard service is unlimited nationwide (US), but the couple of times I bounced off Canadian towers (MI and WA), I got a big bill for roaming charges. Wondering if you have to pay additional charges for using it in MX.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Carol, your pics are wonderful again. Thanks so much for sharing with all of us. You are doing a great job,.. I'll say it again, have you thought of doing a travel book ?
Cedar518

Return to General Talk