Caravan to Alaska?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Caravan to Alaska?

Postby sharon » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:20 pm

Thank you Lenora, I do believe it is Deep Creek. There's a CG on the left, and if you keep going down the hill, there's a lg gravel CG on the beach. It's back far enough that you wouldn't pull a Sparkle and get washed out to sea, but just a few steps to the sand and eagles. Anchor Point is another nice beach CG, but there are more people there as it's a little more well known and there are a couple of full H/U CG's there. If I ever get back to Alaska, I for sure am gonna spend at least 2 days at Deep Creek. One of my favorite spots in Alaska, and I'm not a beach person.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:30 pm

Sharon,
I will definitely add it- and stay there - those are the kinds of places I don't want to miss. If you have any info you can send, please do!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:11 am

I was living in Kenai when Mt Redoubt erupted last. One morning I was on my way to have surgery and we drove in ash, and another day I was at a wedding and we came out of the church and watched it erupt again. Kenai is across Cook Inlet from the mountain and I've sat on the bluff looking across at it often. Also painted and taken lots of pictures of her. That one winter we'd get snow, then a layer of ash on that, then another layer of snow etc. Ash is horrid stuff; to breathe and ruins engines!
AlmostThere

Postby Liz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:37 am

Hopefully Mt. Redoubt will be all done spewing by the time we get there, but I saw where Alaskan's preparedness included dust/particle masks and having an extra air filter for the vehicle. Might be a good spare part to carry.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Liz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:48 am

Just heard on the news about an earthquake near Seattle...4.6 Wonder if it's related to the rumbling in AK?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Liz, it very well could be as it's all part of the "ring of fire".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ring_of_Fire
AlmostThere

Previous

Return to General Talk