German RV

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

German RV

Postby Sparkle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:58 pm

I won't tempt you with photos of our lunch today. Chinese Buffet...oh yum! But in our travels we saw this RV in a parking lot. Being shy retiring people we rushed over to take photographs (Beth made me) The lady came out (we should have taken her photo) and she was kind enough to invite us in to see it. It was so neat (and immaculate) It was a Mercedes, is that right, Beth? Anyway, they didn't know where to go and Beth showed them on a map where there was a nice campground near a beach. When we drove by it later that day they were there! We were so happy. They had shipped the RV over from Germany.
I meant to ask where they got the logo that was painted on, it looks very American. Maybe that was part of their dream.
Sparkle

Re: German RV

Postby kelpie » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:06 pm

this rig was even neater inside - very compact but spacious. You ladies would love it here - I am having a ball with Sparkle and Bethers. Looking forward to meeting Lori and Ernie tomorrow. I will post photos soon - having a little trouble with photobucket tonight for some reason.l
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:20 pm

That's a really cool looking RV ! I like seeing other people's rolling homes - I think it's so interesting.
Thanks
Mollysmom

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:48 pm

It was so fascinating - not as wide as what we are used to - fit between the lines easily in the parking lot - they said the rv's in Germany (and Europe) can't be as wide as streets aren't as wide. It's a class A - she said about 23' - but I'm not sure on the length, as I think in feet, but she might not have said/meant feet?

Anyway, yes, it sure was neat - and they were so nice. As Sparkle said, they weren't happy with the cg they were supposed to stay at, asked me about another one - and I said, nonono - they wouldn't have been happy there - did they want to see the gulf, the beach? Said I wasn't sure of availability at ours, but told them of the state park and there they were! So kewl. I contacted our friend from the singles forum who's at the state park and asked him to try to say hi in the morning.

Love meeting new people - couldn't believe it when she opened the door and said, c'mon in :)

Great having Kellie with us - am afraid she fits in so well, that we won't be to blame for her corruption.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:05 am

That's right Beth. Kellie came - as is - :lol:
Sparkle

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:42 am

That is a great design on the side. I like that.
Cedar518

Return to General Talk