Moving On in Celestino Gazca

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Moving On in Celestino Gazca

Postby asirimarco » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:36 pm

We have kind of Internet where we are now so will try to get this done and some pictures uploaded. We left Las Glorias this a.m. Ended up having the neighbor from H**L there. First night we were there his dog was barking and barking and barking. So Bill went out and asked the wife if she could please do something about it. She was not too nice, said something to the effect that she’d try to keep it quiet. Don’t know what she told her husband when he got back but he came over and pounded on our door. When Bill opened it all hanna broke loose. He was drunk and just yelling, every other word F…. This and that. Bill never went out thank goodness. No reasoning with the guy. He finally was Fd out and slammed our door close and went to his place. We found out he also went to our friends and did the same thing only when he slammed the door it hit our friend in the head. Well next morning he apologized to everyone….and we didn’t see him, his wife or the dog the rest of the time we were there. Don’t need that. We did go into town to Wal*Mart though and found lots of stuff we have been looking for. Potato salad, steak, distilled water for batteries, Hagan Daz ice cream yum…..
So we left this a.m. and are now 198 miles down the road in Celestino Gazca. About 45 miles north of Mazatalan. The campground is on the beach but the sites are back from it a ways.
No check points this trip but expensive tolls US$44 today. The campground is off of a washboard dirt road. Such fun.
The campground we were in yesterday
The sun coming up this morning before we left
This is same campground - planting corn and peppers all around the walkways
Leaving the campground had to drive almost on beach because of road repairs
Driving the truck route through Guasave to the toll road - see the dirt on other side of canal? The last time we came here 2 years ago I told The Driver wrong turn and we ended up driving up the dirt and along the top of the levy. Got some funny looks.
These trees were in bloom all along the road as we got further south
This is where we are now
Walked down to the beach after we got here - wonderful sight
The sun is about to set - need to go down to beach and watch. It is pretty cool out though. Don't know how long we'll be here.
asirimarco

Re: Moving On in Celestino Gazca

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:34 pm

Oh, how lousy that you got stuck with such lousy neighbors! And mostly, rver's are usually so nice and friendly. So glad you didn't get into it (or should I say Bill didn't) with him - as we all know drunks don't listen.

On the other hand, you got some more beautiful shots - of your wonderful trip.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:45 am

Really neat pictures. Enjoy your trip and hopefully you won't have any more neighbors like those
sheila
snowball

Postby Liz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:35 am

Once again, you are just immersed in beautiful place after beautiful place. Love that last picture. I agree with Barbzeee, wish you'd consider leading a caravan next year. You handled the obnoxious neighbor with wise restraint.

I noticed in Alaska last year that every spare foot of ground was used for growing vegetables. They have such a short growing season that they don't waste a bit of it, I guess.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:38 am

Sorry to hear of the incident with your neighbor. But once again you took some great pics. The beach is amazing!
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am

Think I'm enjoying your trip as much as you are.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Paulette » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Me too, I just wish I could feel that warm sun and ocean breeze!!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Sparkle » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:46 pm

It seems that the scenery just gets better and better. What a collection of wonderful photos you've taken. Don't come home. We're enjoying it too much. :D
Sparkle

Postby islandmomma » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:41 pm

Apart from that rotten neighbour, Carol, I just want to BE YOU LOL!!! .. .or at least let you plan my set of destinations, each one more picturesque than the last!! I love the photos!

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby avalen » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:08 pm

all I can say is WOW!
WOW!
wow, yep, I'll say it again wow
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:27 pm

yep, can't reason with a drunk. they always are "right", I learned that a while ago,.. (he's now my X... haha.. :lol: )

The pics on the beach are amazing, especially the rock formations. thanks!
Cedar518

Return to General Talk