Too many "senior moments" today

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Too many "senior moments" today

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Must have gotten up in worse mental fog than I realized today - following two sleep deprived nights.
Had to get Nicky to vet for bath and checkup appointment so turning over for a few more zzzzzzzzz out of the question. Made and drank a strong cup of coffee, threw on an old sweat suit (no plan to go anywhere other than to drop him off), barely combed my hair and out the door just in time.

As I passed a Cracker Barrel on way back home suddenly realized I was hungry so I stopped not giving any thought to how bad I must look. Enjoyed a nice breakfast in spite of finally realizing I probably should not have gone in and hoping not to see anyone I knew. Planning a quick get away, I grabbed the check and went to register. Opened wallet to discover no credit card (I never carry much cash). Reached for checkbook; it wasn't there either - forgot to put it back after setting up new register late last night. Trying not to panic, started dumping purse for cash to pay bill. Fortunately I'd had a cheap meal and came up short by only $0.55. A kind stranger paid the difference for me. Sure he must have thought I was nearly destitute. I thanked him and rushed out the door.

Found the credit card in jeans pocket that I'd worn to the grocery store a few days ago. Not having that credit card or checkbook with me when I leave the house is unheard of these days. What a day and it is not even noon yet!
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Re: Too many "senior moments" today

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:55 pm

As I read this I felt so bad for you. I have been feeling about the same these days, but just haven't really gone anywhere, so haven't been in the situation is all.
We all have days like this, and when someone owns up to it, gives us all a chuckle and so glad its not us. Hope your day is better.

Welcome to the forum, so glad to see so many new ladies here. I love your name.

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:09 pm

I'm just glad I'm not the only one! :lol: That is funny having someone give you $.55. I went to the grocery store yesterday & as I was checking out I realized I had on my bedroom shoes. :oops: Thank goodness I remembed my debit card. Hey, this is the best part of getting older! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:15 pm

My DH is always going off in a pair of knit pants he lounges around in and ending up in town without his wallet. I can tell when he forgets his wallet because the bank has to write a draft for him to get some money. One of the nice things about living in a small town.

At one time I liked SAS shoes and had two pair of loafers that were just alike except one was black and the other was navy. It was kind of embarassing when I got to work with one of each. That was probably when I started carrying several pair of shoes in my vehicle. That and I have had shoes fall apart while I was wearing them. :oops:

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Sparkle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:36 pm

For heavens sakes why did you tell people you know me? :lol: Honestly ladies...I've never heard of this woman. The nerve of her saying she knows me....When I get to Alabama and we go for lunch I'll be sure to ask questions of what is in your wallet before we go out the door! And I'll check your clothing too, just in case. :roll:
Sparkle

Postby dpf » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:19 pm

One day last summer I watered my plants before I left for work....went to work with my lime green garden clogs on... :oops:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Pooker » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:40 pm

Let me tell you about my "Senior Moment" and I wasn't even a senior at the time!

I got my youngest son off to school and discovered I was pregnant! I had an Avon route at the time and planned my stops so I could be at my cousin's house for lunch. I kept to the same routine before and after the baby arrived. The baby usually slept in his car bed during my stops, but he came into my cousin's with me and slept on her sofa while we ate. As I was leaving one day, I heard her yelling at me to stop. When I rolled down my window she said, "Didn't you forget something?" I looked around and had my purse, samples, briefcase, etc. and said, "No." She said, "What about a baby?" I forgot my baby! Too many years since I had to lug one of those around!
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:07 pm

Oh my,... I've done those things too,... but have never forgotten one of my babies. How about times when i've decided to have a"lazy" day and watch a movie, etc,... didn't shower, didn't shampoo, didn't pick up the kitchen,.... knock, knock,.... COMPANY!!! aaaarrrrggghhhh...... I wanted to disappear, but the door has a window in it and they could see i was there. Yep, we've all done embarassing things!
Cedar518

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Am pleased to report that the 2nd half of the day went much better than the morning.

Nicky got a good report on his checkup; most of the health problems he had when I got him have been cleared up or are at least under control. Plus he is all clean and fluffy again; however that is not likely to last until Sparkle arrives. It was a costly trip (as vet visits usually are). I also had him micro-chipped now that we've mutually agreed he is staying with me - not that there was ever much doubt about that.

While cold, the sun was out all day. That inspired me to get a few errands out of the way. (Yes, ladies I did change clothes before going back out.) With the few extra minutes of daylight we're gaining now, I even made it back to my den just before dark. All went smoothly.

Have neglected my business lately so while out, stopped by one of the antique malls where I have a booth. Sales at this mall have been way down over past few months so you can imagine my surprise at finding a near empty space. A very pleasant turn of events as I will have a check from them after months end. Now I'm really going to have to get back at it to restock.

I may take the upturn of luck this afternoon to mean its safe to try posting a photo of Nicky again later. Tried last night with no success; was ready to trash my 'puter. Had to be the dumb machine's fault, not the smart operator. :lol:
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Sparkle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:09 pm

Waiting...waiting.... ;)
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:17 pm

Don't you go there Sparkle - I'm waiting for you to post the pic of that neat rv we saw today!

And, yes, I do that forgetfulness stuff all the time - and lately I'm finding I don't care so much if people see me looking that way - omg, did I admit that?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:28 pm

Okay, as long as we're owning up to senior moments. I was having problems with my door sticking. One day I came back from running errands and the door wouldn't open. Got ladder and climbed in the window onto the sofa. A neighbor comes over and asks if he can help as I'm climbing in while waving my not so small rear end in the air. Now inside I tried the door and it still wouldn't open. Called my RV guy Chris in a panic - told him the dogs needed to go out and I couldn't get the door open. There was a long, long pause and then he said: "Don't you have a class C with two doors in the cab part?" Wow did I feel dumb. Now everytime I talk to him he asks how the door is working and laughs.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Sparkle » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:02 pm

Oh Karen...I can just see your hinie wiggling through the window. :lol:
Bluepinecones (Sarah) figured out the photo thing and posted pics of Nickie in the pets section.
Beth...didn't you take photos too? Hmmmm? Do I have to do all the work? Hmmmmm?
Sparkle

Postby Pooker » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:06 am

Oh, Karen - too funny about the front C doors! I have had my C for 1 1/2 years now and I STILL carefully lock the RV side door every time I leave the rig only to discover the driver's door has been unlocked all the time!
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Return to General Talk