Kelpie and Co.

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Kelpie and Co.

Postby Sparkle » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Beth and I picked up Kellie (sp?) and we went to Moby Dicks for dinner.

Kellie ordered the Shrimp Boil. What a plateful! some of it went home with her.

Beth had a Shrimp Salad. another enormous plate.this was the place that served such a nice "Taste" last night. they believe in generous portions. I had a Shrimp Po Boy. Delicious, but I didn't photograph it.

And for you poor people freezing in low low temps. This was how I spent my afternoon.
Sparkle

Re: Kelpie and Co.

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Great meeting Kellie tonight. She and Sparkle are going to be checking all the local parks tomorrow morning to see what's available - things are really full up - and poor Kellie, the one she booked at - she thought they held it for a week, and they didn't! Unfortunately, I have to go to work while they go looking - including seeing what, if anything, is available here.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:13 pm

I should not look at your posts at night. All that wonderful food! And what a way to spend your day!! :D O'm not freezing but I'm still jealous. :mrgreen:
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby sharon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:24 am

Well, I can tell you one thing....there sure wouldn't have been any of that food going home if I was there, no siree, I could have eaten every bite! Boy, that looked good!

Sparkle, sure was glad to see that pix of Bogie! I hadn't seen him mentioned in any of your posts and was afraid to ask. Whewww! Shona????

Hope Kellie finds a place, sure does make it hard when reservations are messed up. 'Course, Sparkle can show her how to beach camp. She's an expert at that.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Gentleladybear » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:49 am

Do you really think Sparkle should show someone how to beach camp? Remember the water and seaweed at the door? :lol: Will never forget the thought of opening your door and see water lapping around the step. Sooooooooo think you should camp away from the beach a bit.

Food looked wonderful, beach time also looked like great fun. Keep those pictures coming.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:48 am

Wow Sparkle,.... here I am expecting 12-16" of snow today and then i see that wonderful pic of you on the beach! Anybody want to buy a house and approx 9 acres in the Adirondacks so i can get OUTTA here? :lol:

Looks like you gals had a great dinner,.... the boiled shrimp looks like "sweet home Alabama" to me! Yummy...
Cedar518

Postby Sparkle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:55 am

Damned cat is still going strong! She's getting fussier and fussier. I give her a 1/4 can of cat food and she eats half of it. Then won't finish it. I have to toss that and give her fresh stuff. She wails to get out and wails to get in. Pees under the desk even though she has a cat litter box. She's about 19 now. I'm really going to miss her. :lol:
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:28 am

She really is going to miss her!

That said, will make you happy, Cedar - woke up today to temps in the upper 30's with a windchill of 30 - way toooooo cold for me - but at least I'm way better off than most of the country today- and it's supposed to get to 50 today - although with the wind, might never feel much warmer. Luckily this doesn't last here - but it has been a cold winter. And very luckily, even on a cold winter, we usually have one day we can spend on the beach every week.

After work yesterday, I line-danced an hour - then came and got Peaches and we walked a couple miles on the beach- had to take advantage of that great, great day! Got home to Kellie's phone call - and the rest you know.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:23 am

Yeah Sparkle, you've been saying that about Shona for years....she'll probably outlive you just for spite for talking trash about her! :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Sparkle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:31 am

You're right Sharon. I think she has plans for my eyeballs. All those years of me politely asking her "Aren't you dead yet?" And she's thinking, "Just wait...." :twisted:
Sparkle

Postby Liz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:32 am

So glad Kellie got there safely....have a great time together.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:42 pm

Oh my, Sparkle....your kitty sounds SO much like my 21-year-old Twitch cat! He howls to eat, eats about a tiny amount, drinks tons of water (I am sure his kidneys are not good) and then leaves the food to sleep for another couple of hours. When he wakes up, he wants FRESH food, so we begin all over again! I keep hoping to wake up one morning to find him peacefully and finally asleep in the same position he was in when I fell asleep....but he just keeps on and on and on! Cats seem to live forever.....and yes, like you, I will miss him, too, when he is finally gone. He used to pee all over the house, but now he has finally stopped that....perhaps because when I am not here, I now leave him in a big dog cage with a fresh litter box, fresh water, and a soft bed. He likes it so much in there he goes in when I leave the door open when I am home! He doesn't seem to pee anywhere but in his litter box if I am home, thank heavens!

Have fun with your buddies again tonight as you go out on the town!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Sparkle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:38 pm

21 !!!!!! Nooooooooooo! :roll: Here's the little sweetheart napping on a log outside my rig at the Kaibab Lodge.
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:13 pm

OMG, Sparkle. She's lived with you so long that she covers her face when a camera comes out!!!!
Beth
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I never thought of that! I guess we are two cranky old ladies. Note to self...pee in Beth's rig...on the floor.
Sparkle

Next

Return to General Talk