BAD Weather?????

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

BAD Weather?????

Postby asirimarco » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:44 pm

Just saw the internet, yes we have it here in Las Glorias, news about the horrible weather all across the US. Is everyone out there okay? Sounds really bad what with the ice storms etc.
asirimarco

Re: BAD Weather?????

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:15 pm

We're ok, but supposed to get cold tonight from this. Like you, Carol, I would like those in the path of these storms to please check in - it's nasty out there!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Yay! You have internet there. We're fine here other than the same rainy mist we've had for days. Hope everyone else is okay.
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Orchid » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:52 am

Here in west central Indiana it's the pits! It snowed about 2-3" yesterday. It snowed early enough in the evening that by the time I got off work the snowplows had been out and the roads were fairly passable even my country access road from the state highway. But tonight was a different matter. It has been snowing for quite sometime continuously and hard enough that I could barely see to drive in the ruts made by previous drivers. The state highway was bad enough, but the country road was downright scary. Added to that was the fact my windshield wipers were having difficulty keeping the melting ice swept off the windshield. I was peering through a spot right above my steering wheel. But I'm home now. Safe and sound. If this keeps up all night, I may call in tomorrow. Cheryl
Orchid

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:24 am

Unfortunately, our bad weather seems to be hodling off just long enough to allow us to go to school this morning, but, if the forecast is right, the trip home should be a doozy late this afternoon! I wish the stuff would come in here this morning with a furious blow so the school bus drivers would refuse to make their trips!

All of you on the roads, I sure hope you will hunker down and stay put if you encounter ice or heavy snow.

Keep checking in, you all, so we know you are warm and safe somewhere.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:51 am

Sitting home on a snow day here, 12-16" forecast for the Champlain Valley of NY/VT..... all toasty warm and just puttering around the house. Check in with us when you get home, please, Soos!
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:51 am

Kelpie, please check in. I believe you're on your way to Port Aransas.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Sparkle » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:54 am

See Kelpie and Co, Karen. She has just got a site at our CG, so we will see her this afternoon.
Sparkle

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:57 am

Yeah, should have checked all the postings first. Glad she got there safely. Heard area around Dallas was really icy.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Paulette » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:28 pm

We had our snow and icy stuff overnight last night. Today it is raining, but still icy in spots. They closed school, so I brought GD to work with me. I only live about 5 minutes away from the office, so it's no biggy. That and I have 4WD on the Jeep!

Come on Spring!!!!!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:30 pm

Home I am, with the snow still coming down in sheets! No snow day for me, sunuvagun! Driving was scary both coming and going today.....greasy snow over ice, and tricky going around corners, even with 4-wheel drive. I have at least 8 to 10 inches of new stuff in my driveway already, and no sign of any let-up.

BUT...I made it, and now I can rest as it's 23 above and I won't even make a fire in the wood stove unless it drops a lot before I go to bed. What a treat! No fire to stoke for a night!

As I was typing this message, Wiley came and plowed the driveway. It's always nice to know I could get out of here in a hurry if I had to.

Have a good night, everybody!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby avalen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:13 pm

I'm glad you ladies are safe, I'll never forget the feeling of driving in that stuff to
get home and now I'm thankful I'm not living in it anymore.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to General Talk