We have a wedding date !!!!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

We have a wedding date !!!!

Postby Marslet » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:30 am

Hi,
Just wanted to share with all my friends that my daughter, Candace, has finally set a wedding date. It is for April 10, 2010. Why so far off?? same thing I asked. Seems the kids want to save some money for extras and honeymoon. OK that will be helpful for Dad and I. We went to 10 places looking for the one place that would strike both our fancies for her to have the wedding and reception. Been looking since October. We found one in New Orleans, but her dad and I weren't too taken with the drive there. The place was very pretty, but the drive to it was to the West bank where Katrina did so much damage. The area hasn't had any recovery since then. There are abandoned buildings, abandoned shopping centers, houses. Just not a real nice place to be driving through.
Well, this past weekend, we found it. It is only 4 miles off of I-10. and about 18 miles from Baton Rouge. Very nice drive in the country through lovely LARGE homes in a new area called Pelican Crossing.
The web site is www.houmashouse.com I invite all of you to go and take a peek when you get time. She is planning on having an outdoor wedding and getting married on the steps. She has 7 bridesmaids in her wedding. People are coming in from Illinois (Rob's home), Florida, and even Alaska. You would have to see it to believe it. When we drove up Saturday, I knew in my heart that this is where I wanted her to be married. Signed the contract and paid the deposit yesterday. Now I have to wait for MONTHS. Patience, patience. Oh, told her if she turned into one of those bridezillas, I was gonna slap her upside her head. Used to tell her (when she was having her teenage years) that I had paid $3600 for braces, but if she ever cursed me, those teeth would fly like Chicklets across the room. Guess she believed me, she still has all her teeth. She and her dad used to play punch each other on the arms. One day she punched him pretty hard and he asked her why she didn't hit me. She looked at him with her eyes bugging out and said, "Are you crazy? She would kill me!" Guess I got my bluff in on her early huh?
Hope you enjoy looking at the web site and sharing my joy.

Marslet

Marslet

Re: We have a wedding date !!!!

Postby Liz » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:28 pm

Congratulations! And, what a beautiful place for a wedding. I know what you'll be doing for the next year.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Sparkle » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Fabulous site for a wedding. You'll get some beautiful photos there. I thought it was going to be in Houma, where I spent some time getting a repair done, but the nicest people! The tiny campground that I stayed at insisted on driving me around. Took me to a Swamp Tour, picked me up at the end of it.Then a tour of a Wildlife Sanctuary. Then as if that wasn't enough, there was a knock on the door and her two little girls were standing with a plate of fresh caught deep fried fish and all the fixings.
Sparkle

Postby Mollysmom » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Congratulations !!!!!
It looks like you found an amazing place to hold the wedding. Like Sparkle said, the pictures will be fantastic.
I'm sure the time will fly by :D
Thanks for sharing your exciting news !!!
Mollysmom

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Congrats - bet you can't wait.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:15 pm

That looks great! And the time will fly - be grateful you have all this time to get it planned.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:19 pm

beautiful place, and I was thinking, two months isn't so far until my brain said, HEY,
thats 2010! lol, you have lots of time to put it all together.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:49 am

What a beautiful spot! And lots of time to prepare and plan and do all that stuff that weddings require! You'll have to get Emma a special wedding outfit!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:56 am

What a lovely place for the wedding,... absolutely beautiful!
Cedar518

Postby Marslet » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Thank you my friends. Yes, the place is very beautiful. I am not doing good with this patience thing, after all, I have been waiting 28 years for this and it will be 8 weeks short of 30 years when it finally happens. I just know I am going to be so busy helping her plan for this.

Marslet

Marslet

Return to General Talk