Fishing Village of Yavaros

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Fishing Village of Yavaros

Postby asirimarco » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Took a ride down the coast a couple of days ago to a little fishing village. We've been watching the big fishing boats out on the Gulf so were interested in where they came from. Yarvors is the towns name. There is a big fishing canning or packing plant there. Lots of big and little boats. Lots of colorful buildings. Only the main street is paved. Almost every house has laundry hanging out to dry. Sometimes on the line, sometimes on bushes or fences. Lots of kids playing. By the small boats we saw several fishermen cleaning their days catch. You could usually tell the fishermen cause they wear calf high rubber boots, either black or white - sometimes one of each. I guess because it has easy access to the Gulf there were a few soldiers walking around too. I love looking at the boats they are so colorful (to my eyes anyway) As usual took lots of pictures but as I am having a terrible time with the internet I only uploaded them one time to this address http://www.movingon1.com/FishingVillageofYavaros just right click and open in new window - click on first picture to enlarge them - when done just close that window and you should be back here. Hope you enjoy them.
asirimarco

Re: Fishing Village of Yavaros

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:15 pm

Carol your pictures are beautiful as always. You have quite an eye with the camera. I have been following your trip and it is certainly an interesting one. I have made one trip to Mexico and said I would never go back. But your trip makes me want to try sometime again, maybe with someone instead of alone.

Have you bought any of the fish from the fishermen to cook?

Keep those pictures coming.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Sparkle » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:03 pm

You always have something different to show us Carol. Enjoyed the show very much!
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:28 pm

Love the pics. However I'm getting an error on pics starting with m and seems all the rest.
Edited to say it's just M that I can't see in the slide show or if I click on it from the main screen.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby asirimarco » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:16 am

Thanks Beth - got it fixed. Been running in and out this a.m. watching the beautiful sunrise - think I got some great pictures.
asirimarco

Postby OutandAbout » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:05 pm

Carol, those are beautiful pics. thanks for sharing. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:31 pm

Great pics again Carol. You two are sure seeing some wonderful places. I especially like the ones of "real" life in MX.
Cedar518

Postby Liz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:20 am

I sure am enjoying your trip, Carol. You visit so many interesting places and notice fascinating people and things.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to General Talk