My Freezer Saga..

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

My Freezer Saga..

Postby Barbzeee » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:47 am

My Freezer Saga.....I should really say.. Believe it or Not...this can happen to YOU...

Well, yesterday started off ok..I thought..got everything arranged for the Freezer to be placed in the Dog room... and sat and waited...Had the call notifying me the night before ..Delivery was scheduled between 12 and 2 pm window... so.. I waited..my friend came over and we sat and waited..and phone rings it's my hubby.. as he was not feeling well and was going to get in to see the Doc ..He tells me that we received a call from Sears..(he's in Philly)
that we have to re arrange another delivery and call this 800 number...as our Freezer got damaged..... it's now by the way 3 pm.. So I call the 800 number (not a happy camper folks) and they proceed to tell me I can be delivered in 2 weeks that they have to re order from Mfg.. I am now seeing different colors pass my eyes...mostly red..turning purple as she speaks..(which by the way you can barely understand her) I then tell this young lady... I will call the store as I just can't wait 2 more weeks and totally ticked off that they called my Philly home not my Florida one where they were to deliver.. and in fact when I called the 800 number it didn't have me down as getting a freezer..didn't recognize my phone number LOL..it gets better ...

I call the store and the gentleman tries to help me..does the appology..which didn't help but then at this point I'm gonna cancel and go to Appliance Direct and buy it and have it delivered the next day..(they are pretty good about that) He then pleads with me and says..(the magic words) wait Zeee ..we have a freezer here in the store in the box..I can get that delivered to you tomorrow.. would you want that ..??? I think for a minute ..after all I already paid for the thang....plus delivery and insurance... I tell him OK... he then says.. I have to cancel out my original order and he'll write up the new one...No problem... then asks the magic question.. "Your account please" of course I don't have it.. Why ??? because we never got the new card and only had the old one and Robert (hubby) has it in his wallet...so again I tell the poor saleman..."Call me back in 5 minutes I'll have that for you.." Not a problem...huh...

Call my dear beloved hubby and he gives me the number ..of course the thing had expired cause we never got the new card..(which was suppose to be in the mail ) so the sale man calls me back..and I give him the number plus tell him we were waiting on the new card..but the sales went through with this number when we were at the store as it got verified.... well..he attempts to put it through ..but it won't go through.. and then tells me call the 800 number and get that info from the office....hummmmmm following me so far... (as I turn another color)...

Call the 800 official number for the credit card..and the young woman.. says..very nicely.. after I ran this whole story to her.. (by now I'm talking not English) and she politely tells me... "No ! I can not give you that number " What ???????? I already bought the freezer and had to now cancel it out because the store has a freezer I can have the next day... this sales already went through what's the problem....mmmmmmm Young Woman's reply.. Ya gonna love this one... Sorry Mrs Zeee... we don't know if it's really YOU !!! Of course it's me, How would I know all this.. I mean who else would I be...I can feel my blood perking.....sooooooooooooooo I then hang up from her.. ticked off and call the store back..

The Salesman says, " Mrs Zeee, let me call I'll get it straightened out ...Not a problem.. waited about half hour ..the salesman calls me back. tells me he even had his supervisor on the phone and they couldn't get the info... I had to come down to the store..again and get it verified...well, I am so ticked by this point.. I tell him to tell Sears..to stick it where the sun don't shine !!!

Now..get this... I can call and cancel the order over the phone...but I couldn't call to get the order...which I have already paid for ... Go figure... Moral to my story..

Screw Sears and the buggy they rode up on... !!! I'll go out next week and go to Appliance direct and buy the dang freezer and for less money ..

As far as Capt' D's went..we never got there...bummer and I made us Tuna Salad... what a day... and I'm still ticked off...

Looks like I need more cake !!! Image

God Bless..

Zeee......

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: My Freezer Saga..

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:04 am

I am exhausted just reading your saga! Bless your heart, what an ordeal. I hope your next order goes off without a hitch & hope you make it to Capt D's.
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Sparkle » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:05 am

The steam was still rising out of my laptop when I opened this thread. No wonder you were ticked, it was like banging your head against a brick wall. Let us know how this saga continues. Just a thought, is ANYTHING ever straightforward for you? :?
Sparkle

Postby avalen » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:15 am

ahh, Sears, I've not been happy with sears for many years and refuse to give them
my money, that salesman didn't want the commission reversed on his paycheck.
He tried hard, yep, but the stars were not in his favor and good for you Barbz to
take your business elsewhere. Best Buy is another one that I'm leary of.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:18 am

You sure it wasn't Lowes?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:42 am

Oh....... I'm still fanning my laptop to get it cooled off. I especially like the part where you weren't speaking English,.... :o Isn't it weird that like you said to the girl ... how would you have known all that ... what the heck did they need for info to know it was you? Usually there is some question they have on file, like your mother's middle name or something. I'd walk away from Sears, but also from that particular credit card. pay that sucker off and go with a different one. good luck.....
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:49 am

Whew, my laptop is steaming. I agree, screw Sears and the credit card company. When you cool off call credit card company back and ask why they don't have a confirmation word on your account. Tell a supervisor why you're canceling the card.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:56 am

Yep, I can see you steaming. It's just making me sit here and laugh tho :lol:
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Paulette » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:59 am

Only you Zee!!! LOL Here's hoping you get your new freezer soon!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Barbzeee » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:54 am

Paulette..the rate I'm going and the temps that have been here in Florida lately, I could put a big box outside and pre tend it's the fire escape like in New York..keeping my goodies cold....LOL

Of course Beth.. you just know I was laughing ...ooooooooh yeah... and you would.. :lol:

Sparkle...why this chit happens to me..don't know...but Murphy kind of comes to mind.. :roll:

Liz...yep, I remember your story with Loew's that's why I didn't go there. :o

RetiredHappy (Karen) and Cedar.. this was their Sears charge card which I've had for probably 35 years..but you betcha bottom dolla.. It's in the trash..!! :oops:

Yeah I guess my story was a little on the long side..but boy it felt good putting it in print..cause I'm still not believing it...

Oh and about that pass word... I asked that question... NO, cause some one could over hear that..hahahahaha..but they want to see your Driver's license..how's that... Now what if I didn't drive ??????>>>> Oh where's that cake.. I might eat the whole thing..

God Bless Us All..... the friggin people that are taking charge ought to be sent to Syberia.. LOL...

Zeee...going into the kitchen and hacking at that cake... forget about it..who counts cals today.. !!!

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:36 pm

I just love the people you have to talk to at these credit card companies. In 2005 we got new American Express cards. I had activated mine but because our house flooded for hurricane Rita my husband's card was lost in all the mess before it was activated. He has been using mine for 3 years. Recently I received a new card but his didn't come so I called them to see if he was going to get one or if they weren't going to send one because the last one wasn't activated. Even thou I knew the answere to all their questions and have a card on the account they had to talk to my DH. He is getting hard of hearing and has trouble hearing and understanding these fast talking people. When he got off the phone I ask him what she said. He said Bla Bla Bla Bla. So I still don't know if he is going to get a new card or not. :evil: Well, we'll just use VISA.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby Liz » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:20 pm

Don't cancel your credit card...it'll affect your credit score. Just cut it up and don't use it anymore.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:57 pm

Liz, good advise. Listened to Suzie Orman the other day. Your credit score is based on your debt to available credit ratio so if you cancel a card you lower your score. I got to thinking and opened two more cards. Activated them and charged about $10 on each then paid them off and put them away. Love to beat the system.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Oh Barb, been there done that with Sears. I will not buy anything further from Sears. Last refrigerator I bought from them only worked a little over a year and quit. They did nothing to help me, so bought another one will not buy anything from Sears. That decision was made one day when I was in there to look at and buy a buffer for car waxing. Was looking at the buffer, a salesman walked up, asked if he could help. I said yes tell me why the sales price here is 43.99 and the regular price is 39.99, yes folks they left the original price visible. He stuttered and stammered, his boss came over asked if there was a problem, said yep, why is the sales price more than the regular price? His reply, was we got caught on this one, if she wants it she gets it at the regular pice. Now isn't that something that they raise the price and call it a sale? So should you go into Sears for anything on sale, be sure you looked at it before the sale and know what you are paying is indeed a sale.

Sears is not the kind of store we had at one time and that is sad indeed. Guess they are trying to keep from going under.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:04 am

Don't have a Sears card....never had a Sears card.....never want a Sears card......Mom and Dad bought an above ground swimming pool from them in the early 70s.....paid for it on their Sears card.....never received a bill.....but they still made payments per conversation at the store when purchased....well, when they figured it was paid off the quit sending the money.....Sears hassled them over this...even sent a bill collector out to the farm over it....they showed him all the cancelled checks.....they still hassled......got a lawyer....lawyer states that Sears lawyers said "too bad...so sad" they had no record of payment.....lawyer advised to send $5 per month until issue was straighten out in the courts.....they paid $5 per month for 2 years until Sears cried "Uncle"....and the courts made Sears pay Mom and Dad back the 2 years worth of $5 per month........Now you know the story why I don't deal with Sears....

So I know and feel your pain, Zeee.....good for you for telling them where to put their Card.....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Next

Return to General Talk