Where's Kelpie??

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Where's Kelpie??

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Where's is Kelpie? Did you get on the road yet? Inquiring minds want to know.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Where's Kelpie??

Postby kelpie » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Sorry about that. I got started one day later than I wanted but I am now in Arkansas and leave in the morning for LA where I'll spend 2 nights then leave for TX on Monday. Hope to be in Port A Tues or Wed. Have had a pretty good trip so far. I'm at a COE cg now and it is awesome. I also went to Mammoth Cave. Will try to get photos posted soon,'
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Postby Liz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:23 pm

I'm looking forward to those pictures. Glad you're having a smooth trip. I love COE campgrounds....have never been disappointed with one yet.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:17 am

Glad your trip is going ok,.... I'll be waiting for pics..... :D
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:00 am

I'll be patient about the pics - just cuz I know I'll have you here in person in a few days - can't wait to meet you. We should be able to have a nice little gtg next weekend - you, me, Sparkle, Lori and Ernie! Anyone else want to come to Port A next weekend?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Where are you passing through LA? I live south of Lafayette.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby kelpie » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:11 pm

I was at Lake Bistineau state park in LA near Shreveport for 2 nights. Couldn't get a signal for my wi fi - nice park,otherwise. Am slightly NE of Houston now and plan to make it to Port A tomorrow. I am slightly concerned about going thru Houston but hopefully my timing will help it be easier. Looks like the rest of the trip will be TX 59 and 35. A friend gave me money for my retirement/Christmas and told me to buy myself a GPS. I procrastinated a bit but finally ordered one online thru WalMart. It was too late to get it before I left so i had it shipped to a store in Aransas Pass. If all goes well, I will pick it up tomorrow on my way thru. I made a reservation at a park Beth sort of suggested - their rate is higher than their web site says but it is right on the beach. I hope I like it because I really would like to stay put for more than a couple of nights. They said they had openings for weekly rates and I'm hoping to stay 2-3 weeks in that area before heading to Victoria.
Kellie
and Eddie the wonder dog
2000 Four Winds
http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/kelstravels
kelpie

Return to General Talk