Mexico Real Life Photos

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Mexico Real Life Photos

Postby asirimarco » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:04 pm

I thought I'd share some "real life" fotos with you. Not the pretty and cute things I've been sharing. But more real what you see. The following pictures are from the little town of Huatabampo.
Internet Cafe downtown
Bicycle repair and sales store
One of the busses taken out of our car window - it was full of people going somewhere
A produce store right on the sidewalk. We were parked right next to it and the produce sure smelled good. Could smell the celery and tomatoes and peppers..
A bakery
Some other shops - the one on the far left sells shoes, the one in front sells womens accessories
This is the wall around the high school
The kids that do the bagging in the big grocery store - they wear uniforms
Laundry must be done daily when washing by hand. Hung on fence to dry - right next to dirt road
Waiting for his master who was clearing an irrigation ditch with a shovel and wheelbarrel
One of the small towns we pass through - all the fences are white washed
The restaurant in the campground
Spending Sunday afternoon on the beach
It is a very interesting country to spend time in. But you have to be open to different things. It is not the US or Canada - things are done differently here. We are not worried about banditios or the army or the police. They leave us alone and any interactions we have had with them have been very nice. The people are wonderful and very friendly and helpful. But things are different. The campground was without water for a couple of days because one of the farmers tapped into the water line to water his fields and broke it. Oh well. Garbage gets dumped along side the roads as there are no landfills or garbage pick ups. But then the herds of goats come along and eat it. It is an experience every one should have.
BTW - I posted some pictures of Alamos the Magic Pueblo in Interesting Places.
asirimarco

Re: Mexico Real Life Photos

Postby Liz » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Those real-life pictures are just as beautiful and interesting as the sunsets! Am loving your travels.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:52 pm

I hear that same thing from several people that the people in Mexico are absolutely fabulous. Kind, considerate, helpful. How nice to see the real folks in those pics. I believe that's the same cart on the beach as in the pic earlier in your post. Thanks so much!
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Oh, those are every bit as gorgeous as all the others. Maybe more so - as these reflect real life - and what makes me have my love/hate relationship with Mexico. Can't wait to spend more time down there - really down there - like you are now.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:09 pm

I am so glad you posted those pictures. So many Americans (not us lot of course) only want to see rich people and live like rich people when they are on vacation. They want to stay (not us lot of course) in Hiltons, no matter where they are. If there isn't a McDonalds on every corner they are ticked. (Not us lot of course) :lol:
Sparkle

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:58 pm

I like the real life pics as well. The kids in the uniforms at the grocery store was a trip. I can't help but feel bad for the skinny horse. I know it's a fact of life but it still makes me sad. But the pics are great!
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby snowball » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:20 am

Really good pictures Carol!! It is so interesting to see the 'real' life.. Thanks again for sharing
sheila
snowball

Postby Getupngo » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:39 am

Thanks for sharing these "real-life" pix with us. Do you speak Spanish?
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Return to General Talk