Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: Betsy Is Getting a Makeover

Postby Bethers » Wed May 22, 2013 12:11 am

No drilling. It just is a different shower head. I love mine. It also uses less water while making you feel like more.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Olive600 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:29 am

Bethers wrote:No drilling. It just is a different shower head. I love mine. It also uses less water while making you feel like more.

Thanks, Beth.
Olive600

Postby mitch5252 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:39 am

Do you guys know which model number you have? I've looked at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and the Oxygenics website - lots of models!
Maybe the model doesn't matter - they all work the same?
mitch5252

Postby Olive600 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:00 am

Mitch, I asked Tina if this is the right one. She says yes.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/it ... hite/68324

Here's Tina's PM to me:

it is! You can also find them from Amazon. There was mentioned in some of the reviews about the smell of the plastic but I didn't get much of that. I also have on on/off switch that I put on up by the head so that I can turn the water off easily between soaping up and rinsing off.....but then I am not sitting on the tub at the time. :) Have fun with your updates and refurnishings. I found myself very protective of all that glorious floor space when it came time to figure out what to put back in or not put back in!

I would also like to know what curtain rod she has.

Nikki
Last edited by Olive600 on Wed May 22, 2013 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olive600

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed May 22, 2013 10:02 am

When in doubt of the model, read through the reviews and you can pick up on the RV usage. As Beth stated they do help conserve water and the impression of better pressure and flow I think is because of the way the show heads mixes air in the system so that the dispersal flows smoother.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:05 am

Nikki, your link doesn't work. Can you try again?
Thanks!

mitch5252

Postby Olive600 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:11 am

Mitch, the link in the post works for me.

Here it is again.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/it ... hite/68324

If this one doesn't work, just go to the camping world site. The shower head is on the homepage, on sale.

N
Olive600

Postby Olive600 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:21 pm

There will be no shower painting for now. I did get all the hardware taken off. I spent most of two hours cleaning the shower and replacing old grout. While I was scrubbing down the walls and tub, I found old adhesive patches and much of the old grout came loose. What a mess. I'm going to stick to a pretty shower curtain and some new hardware. This afternoon I start sanding and priming woodwork. I'll probably finish painting the bathroom, too. I want to get out on the road real soon.

Olive600

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed May 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Nikki, here are some pictures. FIrst the floor space I refused to give back up. I had the box under Stuart's crate made to fit over the heater vent and to fit his size crate. As you can see I use it as a side table. I had an office chair in the open space between but have found the good camp chair just as comfortable. The small table folds up and gets fastened to the side of Stuart's crate for travel mode.

Remi's spot is to the left of the chair with another wire basket that safely holds the laptop and iPad as we ride along. If the rig turns over I might lose them, but the computers will be the least of my worries at that time.

Here is a shot of the open floor left between the "daybed" platform that replaced my couch and the crates and chair. The black ottoman is useful to rest feet, hold cards and Mexican Train games, etc. and as a jumping up platform for small dogs. :) The space with the crates and the chair is available to be re-purposed at any time or for any need. All I need to do is remove the chair and crates. I have friends that lined the wall of their BT Gulfstream with dog crates and created an additional sleeping space across the top of the crates. I have traveled with more crates and have had them stacked when necessary.

Now on for the picture of the shower head. The silver switch at the base of the shower head is an additional part that can be picked up at camping world or online. It allows me to easily and quickly turn the water flow off and on.

The expandable curtain rod is what it sounds like - it expands the space within the stall. My elbows fit much better now. In theory and with some shower stalls you are support to be able to work the joints/angles to have the whole thing go inside the stall for travel. My stall is just a wee bit to narrow to allow me to move it back, but once the curtain dries I flip it up and out of the way so where the show rail is doesn't bother me.

Hope the pictures help.
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Tina, where did you get that shower curtain rod? CW?

mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed May 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Amazon.....
BirdbyBird

Postby Sandersmr » Wed May 22, 2013 5:06 pm

But you can get them at CW or just about any RV parts store - I've seen them at PPL as well.
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby VickieP » Wed May 22, 2013 5:13 pm

Just curious, when you use the expanded curtain rod, how difficult is it to keep the bottom of the shower curtain in the bottom of the shower. My fear would be water all over the floor.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Olive600 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Tina, I'm so glad you posted these before you saw my PM. They're a huge help. Thank you.

Nikki
Olive600

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed May 22, 2013 5:21 pm

I replaced my original shower curtain with a cheapy from Walmart. The RV shower is not nearly as tall as the shower in most homes....I am thinking. I spent a couple of weeks with too much curtain inside the tub and it took longer to dry because so much of the curtain got wet. I used sissors and trimmed the curtain to fit. I am not coordinated and I manage to keep the bottom inside the stall. It was my long arms and pointy elbows that kept causing me to feel hemmed in as I tried to wash and rinse hair and soap up all over.
BirdbyBird

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs