My litte accident

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

My litte accident

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:28 pm

Well, it was so nice today and my scooter never gets out and about. So, it went for a ride. Sparkle took some pics of me on it - maybe she'll post one.

Anyway, finally came back and was about to put her away - and was turning her around to back her behind the rv where I store her. Well, I was too lazy to get up when I turned her too close to my plants and move the plants (like I should have) and I tripped, and almost dropped her (didn't) scoot is fine - but I fell over the plants and into my neighbors beautiful NEW travel trailer and put a couple dents in the skirt at the bottom of the slide-out. So mad at myself as it's all my fault. Then I had to wait a couple hours for her to get home to tell and show her. Now she knows and I'll just have to pay whatever it costs to fix.

Do NOT fall into the skirt on anyone's tt like this - they are thin, flimsy and dent very easily. Scoot, of course, is fine (thank goodness). Me, I scratched an ankle on one of those dreaded plants when I knocked it over - but that's minor. I'll find out tomorrow when I get up for work if any of my body parts hurt from the fall into her TT - doubt it. So, it's just money - ha - sound like I'm rich - not.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: My litte accident

Postby Liz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:32 pm

So glad YOU were not seriously hurt. Stuff can be fixed, but sorry it'll cost you. I don't suppose Sparkle got a picture of that?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby avalen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:36 pm

like Liz said, so glad YOU didn't get seriously hurt. Sure hope Sparkle got a shot of that :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Sparkle » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:55 pm

I got a photo of the before...when Beth was still happy. We were both so upset we had to eat a lot of cake with Cool Whip. That's what friends do. :( :cry:
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:57 pm

Yep, she ran over here to eat the cake - then ran home to post after I told her I posted about my falling into the TT next door - yep, that's what friends are for. Remind me of that again tomorrow, please :)

Here's the damage I did:

Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:59 pm

That is a nice looking scooter....glad IT didn't get hurt too.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby OutandAbout » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Beth, I'm glad you are OK and scooter is fine. I have it on good authority that cake topped with cool whip has no calories when used for medicinal purposes. It was for medicinal purposes I trust.

Maybe the skirting around the trailer will be a easy fix, like they do for hail damage? From the picture it looks like it could be just the thing. BTW you look good on the scooter.

linda
OutandAbout

Postby Orchid » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Yikes! Glad the dents are on the travel trailer and not on you. Cake can relieve all kinds of boo boo's. :lol: Cheryl
Orchid

Postby Echo » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:31 pm

OMG, Beth I am so glad your ok. You could have gotten hurt so easily falling like that into the trailer while holding on to you scoot. Would have been way to easy to really hit your head or break a bone!! Thank God you didn't.

Yeah it's only money. It bites I know. But you will get out of it a whole lot cheaper doing the fix than it would have cost for a concussion or broken bone.

Again I am so glad that you are ok!!!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Barbzeee » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Beth, Sorry to read about the crash..but seems lots of people are having those lately.. You got through it safely and that's the main thing..so as far as the damage..well, let's just pray she can get it done cheaply...now was it just the skirting ..the kind you put around yourself or was it attached to the TT ..just curious...

As far as eating cake..well, been there done that too...right after I heard from my neice of her son's crash on that plane in the Hudson..So looks like you both had Guardian Angels looking out for you...

Take some tylenol before going to bed..just in case you might feel sore when you wake up...ouch..

Good picture of the scooter too...:)

God Bless
Zeee
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Glad you and the scooter are okay! That skirt looks kinda dinged, maybe the sun will pop it out. ;) And what cake & cool whip can't cure, ice cream can. :lol: Love the pic of you on the scooter.
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby WickedLady » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:25 am

Better a mechanical fix than a medical one. Glad you are OK.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby Gentleladybear » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:24 am

Cake mends all the dinged dignity. Wonder if a bit of cake and cool whip will fix that ding in the skirting. :lol:
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:12 am

Such a happy picture of you, Beth----can't we just wave a magic wand and reverse time for a bit, while you put the plants out of the way before you park??

Really sorry to hear about that freaky accident, but very happy to know you weren't hurt. And that Scoot is ok, too!

I guess, depending on how long that piece of skirting is on the TT, it could be very easy and not too expensive to fix, or very difficult and expensive. We shall see. It always hurts to have to spend money. Do you have insurance on your scooter---I mean like car insurance so you can have the company pay for it if it's expensive?

I love your cure for the pain and angst-----cool whip and cake can make just about anything better!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby asirimarco » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:19 am

Oops - glad you are okay - mostly bruised dignity - hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. More cake will fix lots of things.
asirimarco

Next

Return to General Talk