Trauma, Angst, Palpitations!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Trauma, Angst, Palpitations!

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:42 am

I can see that I should have stayed up all night last night just to keep reading this message thread! :lol:
Sparkle if you ever get to the northeast you HAVE to come visit! I'm soooooooooo glad you found the card.
Cedar518

Postby Sparkle » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Cedar, I used to live close to Rochester, a suburb called Chili. My husband was from Geneva, the Finger Lakes region. I've visited the Adirondacks, loved Old Forge. I also lived, if you can call it that, in Babylon, Long Island, for a short time.
Sparkle

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Me, scared? Never! I was the one who smuggled avacados over the border on my last visit to Mexico (Las Palomas).
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Whew, I'm so glad you found it. I know you are relieved that you won't have to shell out $540 for a new one. Okay back to the adventures!! Have fun and be safe. Can you do both in one sentence???? hum
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby asirimarco » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:22 pm

Know that feeling - A few years ago we were in Montana and took a drive from the campground into Glacier Natl Park. As we meandered along we came to the Canadian border. Just drove across thinking nothing of it. Well coming back as we stopped at US border they asked for our passports - oh oh they were in the motorhome - didn't think about it. My husband was trying to answer all questions with one word so his accent didn't sound. I then saw the light and started answering the questions. He's been a US citizen since '75 but was born and raised in Argentina. They finally let us through with the warning to keep our passports with us.
asirimarco

Postby Sparkle » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:06 pm

Oh that is funny Carol. Even after we got across the border we still had to go through one of those Border Checkpoints about 60 miles into the USA. I was driving and last time they just swept us through saying, Oh, you're all American citazens. I had my Green Card in my hand and they never even looked at it. But of course, not this time! The guy came to the door and said, Are you all American Citazens? I answered, Yep! He waived us through and Beth couldn't believe I had lied. But if I had said I wasn't and I didn't have my card I would have had to go through all of that again. And I wasn't going to say, Och aye, Laddie!
Sparkle

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:30 pm

OMG! I would have been terrified! :shock: I've watched too many of those Locked Up Abroad shows. Glad you survived & found your card. :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Previous

Return to General Talk