Photobucket Question

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Photobucket Question

Postby sharon » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:46 pm

Have a question for any of you Photobucket whiz's out there....if I put a picture on PB and then remove the picture from my computer, will the picture post? Or will it be gone? I'd like to post some pictures, but I've taken them off of the 'pooter....but they are still on PB. Thanks for any and all help!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Re: Photobucket Question

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:28 pm

Test. I uploaded to PB,.... deleted from my computer and then downloaded from PB to here,...... if there is a pic there ... there is your answer. let's see,....
Cedar518

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:29 pm

So if the pic is in PB, and you have deleted out of your computer,... you are still ok to copy out of PB,....

BTW,... that was the morning after i towed my new camper home in a blinding snow storm. Don't I wish my camper was that new now!
Cedar518

Postby dpf » Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:59 pm

I see you that you had it plugged in....did you sleep in it that night? :D
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Photobucket stores the pictures how you size them there - doesn't pull them from your computer at all. But if you move or delete a picture on photobucket and have a link to it anywhere, it will no longer show where the link was placed.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:53 pm

No, didn't sleep in it that night, I was just relieved to get it home safely in the storm. I did cook supper in it the next night,... actually the evening of the day I took that pic.

Now,... Beth says that if you remove the pic from your computer it won't show,...but,.... I delted that pic from my computer, and it's still showing here ... well, for me it is. Sharon, can you see it?
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:06 pm

Photobucket is an online storage place for your photos....meaning that if you upload photos to it...they are stored there for how ever you want.....even if you delete them from your "Pictures" files on your computer......lots of these services...i.e....Webshots, Walmart, Yahoo, etc......I've got photos we took 2 years ago there....which have been "burned" onto CDs from the computer and deleted.....now if you want to put them back onto your computer, you'll have to "save as" by right clicking and doing that.....hope this helps....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:10 pm

Beth's point was that if you delete them from PHOTOBUCKET---not from your computer-----that the link will not be good any more to anyplace where you copied the image info and pasted it----such as in this forum.

So, if you want your pics to stay where you pasted them after you copied them from photobucket, do NOT delete them from Photobucket. At that point, it doesn't matter if they are still on your computer or not.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:22 pm

Oooops,... gotcha,... I read Beth's post too quickly. Missed that wording. :D
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:57 pm

Thanks for clarifying for me, Soos - you got that exactly right. LOL Cedar, I've been known to skim and misread, too - hopefully everyone now knows what they can/can't do on that subject.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:01 am

Thanks girls! Just the answers I was looking for. Knew you'd come thru!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Return to General Talk