Destinations for summer 2013???

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Destinations for summer 2013???

Postby JoanE » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Leaving Florida in late March or April to head west and then north. Want to see the national parks. Right now I have about six books on my table with scenic drives, the national parks of the west, the Rockies. My cousin lives in Bozeman Montana, so hope to stop there as well as visit cousins in New Mexico and Washington. I have a long list and may not complete it this summer. Most likely will return to Sarasota next winter since my kids live here but spoke to a guy here who wintered in Baja. He did get my curiosity piqued.

Joan
ImageMaggie Mae (Jack Russell "terror")
http://www.emptyponder.blogspot.com
JoanE

Postby snowball » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:13 am

Dang it sounds like you all have fun times coming
Karen hope to see you when you come to AZ will still be here
as for the summer will be in ID most likely parked in my dd's
parking lot...so you will have an idea as to where she is located
look on the map of Idaho and look for Tetonia...hmm can't find it?? not surprised
look for Driggs
But just to give you an idea it's about an hour from Jackson WY where my mom still lives
about 2 hours from West Yellowstone and since it's just on the west side of the Teton's if there was a tunnel through the mountain wouldn't be far from GTNP but since there isn't a tunnel it's about 11/2 hours depending upon traffic so look forward to seeing anyone traveling to either Yellowstone or GTNP/Jackson WY
sheila
snowball

Postby HorizonSeeker » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:46 am

Will be in Tallahassee for a couple of days next week to meet with some folks at FSU. Then headed across the panhandle and on to Thibadaux, LA to spend a little time with a geocaching buddy from earlier days in Nashville. She moved back with her mother 4 years ago when she was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Saw her early last summer in Louisville and she was telling me how she had been cancer free for over 3 years but by the end of the summer a new growth had appeared so she back in chemo. But she is looking forward to my visit at the end of this month so I HAVE to make that happen. Then I'll meander back a little north and east to pick up the Natchez Trace and go back to Hohenwald to see the grands (I only saw them one day at Christmas) and plan some kind of special trip for their spring break at the end of March to make up for Christmas. Plan to get some dental work done while I'm near my dentist. Maybe I can get in a visit to Mitch since she's not too far from Hohenwald.

Should leave in April heading west to my brother's in Arizona. My plans at that point are even less than jello. Will trust in serendipity I guess. Hope to do some mini gtg's along the way.
www.horizonseeker55.blogspot.com
One (re) tired teacher and a spoiled fox terrier in a 24' Itasca Spirit
HorizonSeeker

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 am

grammynmaggie wrote:I will heading to PA...to work on my house and get it ready to put on the market.
Greenville Pa...there are 2 st park campgrounds near me
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/ ... /index.htm

http://www.shenangovalleyrvpark.com/ they are close to I-79 and I-80
I would love a mini GTG with anyone ....
Also will stop along the way to PA...and would like to maybe go a little north while in Pa for short trips...anyone north of PA?
Donna (aka grammynmaggie)

I am, and am working on the dates and place for the Ruckus in the Mountains GTG 2013 right now. I am in the Adirondacks, just south of the Canadian border, and promise to set some dates as soon as possible----perhaps by the end of today? I hope to see a bunch of you up there, if not all at once, at least a few at a time, or all at once at a nearby campground. I can park about 10 rigs at my place, with no hookups. Let me know how you feel and what you all think would work best. In the meantime, I will get some price quotes and availability of sites in nearby campgrounds.

EDIT:
Here is the link to my website telling about the now-scheduled Ruckus in The Mountains 2013....hope to see any who can make it!
http://nasus.webs.com/
Last edited by Nasoosie on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Roadweaver » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:23 am

I want to go everywhere but for now my plans are to go to a RV Women Rally in Lancaster, PA on May 30. The month of June, I will take the RV to KY and OH so relatives can see my new home and then would like to visit a friend in MO I promised to go visit however he does the same work I do and may not be home. The only other thing I have planned is to go to Maine to Fiber College at a campground Sept 5 for a week and then slowly head to Florida for the winter .
Image[/url]
by roadweaver, on Flickr

Blog-roadweaver.blogspot.com
Roadweaver

Postby cpatinjones » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:37 am

Mid April (approx 10 days (2 days there, 2 days home, the rest is fun, fun, fun :lol: ) - Pink Flamingo Flocking near McAllen, TX

Mid May - 4 days/3 nights for a "new" Chapter, Heart of Dixie, of rvingwomen.org in Poche Bridge (Breaux Bridge), Louisiana

Mid June - 4 days/3 nights for a Get Away Gals (GG's) gtg in Ruston, Louisiana

I am sure I will have a gtg when Sharon M comes through/near Lousiana around Aug/Sept. She best come and have Karen S in tow. :mrgreen: Also, the fall Pink Flamingo Flocking (not scheduled as of yet).

That is it, so far. :D
Carolyn
35' Cougar 5th Wheel, F-250
Escapees, Good Sam, RVing Women
Slept in my RV
cpatinjones

Postby Dawn309 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:38 am

Carolyn, I am going to try to make the Fall Flocking too. Will depend on where and when. Will try to work that around where ever I end up Workamping for the Winter season.
Dawn, Rascal, Belle
Sunshine-2012 Coachmen Encounter
http://dawnsrvlife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/dawn.goodrow.shive
Dawn309

Postby linann » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:17 am

Thinking about the Smoky Mountains or the Blue Ridge Parkway. Maybe around July 4th week.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby mtngal » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:15 pm

Mid June leave TX to travel via CO (Glenwood Springs, Black Canyon of the Gunnison)', Ruby Mts in NV ; then home to Cali. Will spend the summer camping in the Sierra; maybe a couple trips to the coast; OR gtg hopefully in Sept.
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 pm

mtngal wrote: OR gtg hopefully in Sept.

Me too if it can work out on my travels back from AK again
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby pattyk » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:01 pm

I will once again be at Thomas Canyon Campground in the Ruby Mountains of Nevada, south of Elko. I enjoy working there and seeing all the campers. This will be my 5th year working this campground. Hope to see Diana (mtngal) again.
Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Postby mtngal » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Great Patty! I was hoping you would be there again! Want to gtg in Placerville in the next 2-3 weeks?

Beth... Haven't seen much about the OR gtg; will have to shake the bushes!
Diana
mtngal

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:45 am

Bringing this back to the TOP for Carolb to find.... ;) :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby carolb » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:24 pm

I fownd it! I fownd it!!! Thanks Lori!!! :D I've sent PMs to Bethers, Sharon, Anita & Sheila! Feel like I've hit the jackpot!!! :P Hope yew & the S-ltan are doing fine! Can't wait to see yew again in PA!!!
carolb

Postby Azusateach » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:57 pm

carolb wrote:I fownd it! I fownd it!!! Thanks Lori!!! :D I've sent PMs to Bethers, Sharon, Anita & Sheila! Feel like I've hit the jackpot!!! :P Hope yew & the S-ltan are doing fine! Can't wait to see yew again in PA!!!

Well, I ought to throw my hat into the GTG ring, too. :)

I'm in the Pasadena area, so if you're going to brave a big city send me a PM. I'd love to meet you and share a GREAT Mexican restaurant with you! I'm actually going to be down in Sharon's neck of the woods (with an RVW rally) Mar. 8-11, so maybe something could work out then, too.

Laura
Azusateach

Previous

Return to General Talk