Birthday Shock

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Birthday Shock

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:38 pm

Or------ he could get his own B and you two could caravan and each have their own place. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't forget you could do some workamping to help defray expenses if needed. I agree that not having to worry about your house back home is a huge factor. Just keep talking it out with us here on the forum and know that we support you 120% whatever you do.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Liz » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:50 pm

If the B is big enough for the two of you, I would suggest keeping the house for a year, travel in the B and see how it goes. After a long trip, he may change his mind again.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Lotus » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Margie,
Wow, that is a shock! It seems as though you so enjoy your independence of going your own way. Your last post makes it sound as though it's almost a done deal. Or are you two discussing it at length? It seems as though I recall him wanting to do this several months ago, but was over it by the next day. Maybe it's just taking him longer to get over it! :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you and Carolyn tomorrow a.m.

Lotus
Lotus

Postby asirimarco » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Wow - talk about a life style change. Can relate to not having to worry about your stick house while traveling. We just got another call from our house watcher, more roof leaks and water in basement. CRAP. They will take care of it but......
Before we left home this time DH was talking about being full time. Now 60 days into trip he is saying he could never do this full time. He likes his hobbies too much. And with him being sick the last two weeks - I WANT SPACE!... As for the house there is always renting with a management company or relatives watching it. Or a Reverse Mortage. And do a lot of looking for the right RV. Just don't jump into anything.
asirimarco

Previous

Return to General Talk