Time & different jobs

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Time & different jobs

Postby Echo » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:40 pm

I know how we always talk about not having enough time in a day to get stuff done?? But it seems like there's even less time lately.

I have missed saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to friends. Friends of friends needing prayers. Welcome to newbies. I just want ya'll to know that even if I don't post to each individual posting??? I am thinking, wishing and praying where needed.

Ya'll know that Kelly had been moved to a brand new project. Well I have been too. To the same project. So now for the next week and a half we both have to be there at 7am and get done at 3:15pm unless we decide to work over. We will both be doing inbound calls for mortgages. We have got all our fingers and toes crossed that this will be a huge improvement over doing credit card collections. At least for as long as we need these jobs.

Ok I am off to bed, I'm pooped and well be getting up at 5am! Yuck!!! Hope everyone has a good night!!!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Re: Time & different jobs

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:42 pm

Oh, I hope you can keep these regular hours with no overtime. But I also know that while you wanted better and different jobs, you, in some ways, liked the overtime (can we say money?). Hope it works out well for you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mollysmom » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:11 pm

I'm glad you and Kelly will be working the same hours - that'll make things a bit easier.
Lets hope this will be a good move for you both !!!
Good luck :D
Mollysmom

Postby Orchid » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:12 am

Congratulations on your new job with the better hours. I hope it works out great for you and Kelly. Cheryl
Orchid

Postby Paulette » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 am

Congrats Echo and Kelly! I sure hope this is easier on you all. You shouldn't have to bust a hump every day of your life just for a paycheck! Life's too short!

I'm happy for yous! :D
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Liz » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:00 am

Praying this move will be a big improvement for you. The hours definitely sound better. Hang in there.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:27 am

Congrats....on the new job!!! Here's hoping you have more time for yourself.....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:02 am

Oh Echo, sure hope this works out better for you and Kelly. I really admire your fortitude in sticking with that miserable job. Don't know that I could have done it.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Congrats to both of you on your new responsibilities. Maybe this will eventually get you guys closer to becoming RV owners!
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby avalen » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:50 pm

oh, I see this as a really good thing, congrats on the new position
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Echo » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:44 pm

Well I'm still working overtime. :D I'm trying to learn that new software program. YUCK It reminds me so much of of the system I had to work with when we first started up there. I hated that system. Was doing some web based training today and finally gave up at 6pm. Went over to the building we used to work in and asked Kelly if she was ready to be sprung? LOL OH YEAH!! Gonna be interesting for sure!!!

As far as I know we will be working 8 - 5 m - f, no mandatory overtime and no weekends. But we will still do some overtime doing collections, but by goodness it's not gonna be because we were forced into it. I love it.

Thank you for all the well wishes.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Return to General Talk