Prayers for a friend, please

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Prayers for a friend, please

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:30 pm

One of my Mom's best friends - her neighbor during her pregnancy with me and during my first year of life - someone I've stayed in contact with all my life - including the years since my Mom died - has had a stroke. Right now they think she'll have a total recovery - but that's not guaranted, especially given her age. The stroke came from a blood clot in her brain, so she's on meds to hopefully keep that from happening again. Please, if you coudl, would you add Maurine to your prayers and thoughts - and all of her family, too.

Thanks
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Prayers for a friend, please

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Yep I will keep Maurine in my thought and prayers for a speedy recovery and bless the doctors to help her.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:44 pm

thank you for sharing, Beth. I'll keep her lifted.
AlmostThere

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:57 pm

Beth, of course your friend is in my prayers.....They do wonders with stroke meds. these days....You are also in my prayers cause she sounds like a 2nd Mom to you...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:18 am

Bethers.. I will pray for Maurine to recover..and for you as well..as I can relate to the closeness you have with her ..Please keep us posted as to how she is progressing...

God Bless

Zeee
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:48 am

I just lit a candle for Maurine, and will send strength and healing her way. It sounds hopeful for a full recovery, and that would be wonderful. Hugs to you and to Maurine. Keep us posted on her recovery.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby avalen » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:22 am

absolutely!
Prayers and a candle for Maureen and you too as I can see she is like a second mom
to you.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Paulette » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:43 am

All you ever have to do is ask! Prayers going out for both of you!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:21 am

Thanks all. The doctors are pleased with her progress so far. Looks like she'll go home tomorrow - where one of her daughters will go to help her, also. Her speech is better today - and if that keeps improving we'll all be thrilled. They aren't sure how well she's going to be with the computer yet, so I'm going to get a card and send her a snail mail today - wow, haven't done that in a long time :) Her youngest daughter that contacted me and I figured out it's possibly been 30 years since she (daughter) and I have seen each other. Amazing how time flies - I've seen Maurine and the other 2 still living kids, but not Pam. Hopefully will rectify that one of these days - specially since I have an rv that's willing to travel.

And, yes, in many ways Maurine is like a 2nd Mom, but I think I always thought of her more as a friend - not sure why - but it was a friendship that's part of my life from day one. Not too many of those.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:42 am

I'm sending good healing thoughts to her and you as well! Hoping she has a speedy recovery.
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:16 am

Beth,....sending strong thoughts to Maurine,... and all best wishes for a full recovery.
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:21 am

I will keep your 2nd mom in my prayers.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Paulette » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:00 pm

Strokes are so scary. I know that I really wish someone (cognizant) had been around when my Dad had his. He may not have ended up with so much damage. But his wife was pretty out of it by then with her altzimers and so it was quite a few hours before my brother went over and discovered that Dad had had a stroke. Thank the stars that your friend's was caught early and they were able to limit the damage. I'll continue to keep her and her family and you in my prayers.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby mtngal » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Glad to hear your friend is better today. My best to both of you......
Diana
mtngal

Postby Liz » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:49 pm

I too will be praying for Maurine. (((((Hugs))))) to you too.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Next

Return to General Talk