Need Your Opinion

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Need Your Opinion

Postby Liz » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Yep, what Nan said.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:35 pm

Good post, Nan, Security, I think is the big issue here.

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby pattyk » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:20 pm

I don't know about the three day requirement. You might not be able to retrieve the email if you are on the road without access to it. Maybe a bit longer time would work. Other than that I agree with Nan completely.
Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:27 pm

Then again, people who join but don't post might be the kind that are collecting info. Let's not be naive as these things happen everyday. I'm not sure how we could avoid that except to not ever trust anyone, which would be scary and imprisioning ourselves with fear and would defeat the whole purpose of this forum or any forum. Just sharing a thought outloud.
AlmostThere

Postby oliveoil » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:02 am

Hello---Olive Oil-----OO here--------- I got a PM from Trudy this week--------or Molly's Mom------ she was checking in on me-----& when she PMed me------I had a hell of a time finding my password to get in here--------tried everything I could think of to get in-------I know I had Beth's e-mail put us so I would not loose it------well it is still put us exactly where I put it -if I only knew where that was!!!!!!! And also the web page for the forum----if it had not been for Trudy's PM--- & me guessing what my password was-- I would not be here now----(I have had three computer in the past two months-----& none of them have my e-mail addresses on them or passwords- & it is hell to get old & can't remember where you wrote them down)-----I have read a very few posts since Trudy PMed me------but just had not posted--- as I had not been here in a few weeks & felt like I didn't have a clue what was going on here any more----& had not had time to read to catch up---------
I checked & I had not been on the forum since the end of Nov-------& here it is Jan already------

Some how I lost the link to the forum------we had been busy since we had our auctions & moved to Branson---also getting settled & all that good stuff & the holidays & I just had not been to the forum-- until Trudy PMed me!!!!!! As I told Trudy I really didn't suppose anyone missed me any way!!!!!!!!

So my feelings are---------I don't have an RV at this time---------we sold the 5th wheel at auction--been looking for a short small TT 20 ft or under good used one to take to blue grass festivals & to use as my craft room when not using it for travel-------but we just got really busy-----& I guess I have been in my own world------
I don't know how we got anything done before we retired as we are busy all the time----------
We love where we are living------- & there is soooooooo much going on & we both are doing lots of volunteer work---which sure takes up most of our time also!!!!!
So if you want to drop me off--the membership-----because I got lost--- :shock: ---& have not posted since Nov-- :o ---Then -----go for it--------didn't figure anyone missed me anyway--------until Trudy pmed me!!!!!!! Thanks Trudy for the PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes--------there are reasons--------that are not seen by those here everyday------------
like busy--------have a busy life---------lost the link----------can't find password-------- I'm -back now---- because some one PMed me--:roll: :roll: :roll:
Maybe others have the same reasons----or other reasons------------ as if Trudy had not pmed me--------I would NOT have spent 15 minutes typing in passwords-------trying to get lucky & I would not have had the link to the web site!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :shock: :? :D :lol: :roll:
oliveoil

Postby oliveoil » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:07 am

Damn------now I posted twice---------& have not been on the forums for so long I have no clue how to get rid of one------now are you not glad I have been gone???????????? :shock:
oliveoil

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:14 am

Nope nope nope - have missed you - and have even asked some others if they had heard from you - and had emailed you once - was about to again. Exactly one of the reasons I want a 6 month (or some date) rule to contact. Cuz things do happen - and 6 months is really too long to lose touch with a friend completely without knowing they'll be out of touch!

That said - I got rid of the duplicate post for you ...
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Echo » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:36 am

The lost has been found!! :D

Thanks Trudy you beat me to it.

OO was asking a couple people over the weekend if anyone had heard from ya. So we was wondering!! It was kinda like you dropped of the face of the posting net! And Beth is right that is why it's good to check up on someone, especially someone who had been posting. Shoot for all we knew you got blowed away on one of your trips back to Kansas!!! Remember that you were having some trouble with your computer but dang!! You've had 3 of them now!!!

Welcome back home OO!!! Glad ya didn't lose them Ruby slippers completely! LOL
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Gentleladybear » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:43 am

OO think you are missing the point here. Emailing and finding members who want to stay on is exactly the point. Things do change but if you want to continue here then stop once every six months and say hi. Not too much to ask of a member. But just as Trudy contacted you, Beth had tried, then the rest has to be up to the member. Management is not out to boot members but keep them as active as possible. Instead of having a dormant membership list that never posts. Every organization I belong to will purge their membership lists every year for those that are non active. Why should this be different?
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:07 am

We have MISSED YOU, but you were so busy, with your move and the holidays, we just knew you would be back. So sorry to hear you have had such lousy luck with computers. I don't know you as well as the others, but I had been thinking about you also. You have really been missed by me, as I always enjoyed hearing what you were up to next. You always had so much to do, I was out of breathe reading all you did :lol: :lol: :lol: You used to give me that boost out of my laziness, and I needed that. So I sure hope you're back to stay now, is the computer you have functioning right? sure hope so.

I think you probably would have had a lot of PM"s shortly. Its after the first of the year and everybody I'm sure would be touching base with those they really care about and have missed. Welcome back OO, you have really been missed here. I felt so bad when you indicated that we hadn't missed you and I know that is not the case at all.

Not having an r.v. now, doesn't change the fact that you are still one of the Sistah's here !!! :D

God Bless !

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Liz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:14 am

Welcome back OO....your posts are always fun to read...exhausting too! So glad you are enjoying your new place in MO. Don't be a stranger now that you've found us again!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby rvgal » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:30 am

Guess I'll throw a comment in here; I'm actually not sure if I've ever posted on this forum. I'm not a fulltimer, I'm just a wannabe, hoping to hit the road in 2-3 years. So I feel like I'm in a "gathering" or "learning" phase, trying to learn from you gals who are already out there on the road. That's why I mostly read and don't often post to any forum, I feel like I don't have much that I can add to the discussion. I also am an introvert, so I have a tendancy to not speak up a lot. If I don't feel like I can add any new or pertinent info to a discussion, then I don't comment. I tend not to be a chatty type of person. Lastly, I work 7 days a week, so time is a big issue for me. When I am online, I'm usually reading, trying to catch up on information I've missed. So I think all that contributes to my lack of posting. That being said, I sure do appreciate the opportunity to read about other people's rigs, campgrounds you like/don't like, problems & solutions to things that go wrong while RVing, etc.
rvgal

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:52 am

Hi rvgal!

You were right, this was your first post. Now, do me a big favor, head over to the introduce yourself room, and give a brief post repeating lots of what you just said. As you can see from many of the threads here- you are not alone in not yet having an rv, or needing to find out info - that's a lot of why we're here.

No, members aren't required to post every time they come on - and I hope you continue to find good information, but please, join in now and then - cuz we can learn from you too - even if you don't think so.

So glad to have you post - and we sure do understand time constraints - we'll always understand some members will be way more active than others and that's just fine.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:14 am

Welcome back OO! I'm glad to see you posting,.. and YES we did miss you!

rvGal,... Welcome here,... the shopping mode is exciting,... good luck and keep posting,... ask us questions,.. whatever, you are here, we are glad!
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:08 pm

Yes, OO, we all missed you!! :D But as others have said, we knew you were busy.....getting settled in a new place is always time consuming and with doing volenteer work, that's busy time, too......Hopefully, your computer problems are solved....we keep a small address book for Users names and passwords for our computer...maybe that would be something you might consider....Anyways, glad to see ya' here again...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk