Where ya from?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Where ya from?

Postby Echo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Hmmm?

Born in Elmira NY, lived in York Springs Pa for a bit in '72', back to NY, moved to & lived in Gilsum NH for awhile in '77', back to NY in '78 moved to TN in '94', moved to ME in '02' now back to TN in '07'.

Have no idea where I will end up next.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Echo my friend, you don't know if you are southerner or a yankee! :? But either one would be thrilled to call you theirs,... come on back to NY for a visit some time!
Cedar518

Postby Echo » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:29 pm

HA!!! Actually I'm now a double damned Yankee. That's cause I left and came back again!!!! LOL
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby dcricket » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:49 pm

If we're talking about where we were born and places lived in between...hmmm, well born in Maine, went in the Navy, then lived in TN, FL, HI, and now CA. Entertaining retirement in AL someday.
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:52 am

I think the original intent was where we are living now. So that if someone is planning a trip they might connect for a "howdy" while passing through. What's in the past is past, it's what we are doing and where we are going right now that really counts! Have fun out there!
Cedar518

Postby pattyk » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Beth got me scared. I guess I had better to a little posting.

I'm in Nothern California, northeast of Sacramento.
Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Postby Excel » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:00 pm

Hope this post goes through.... :? (Still have trouble with this website... :x ) Anyhow, born in Chicago...now live 50 mi. south of San Francisco.... 8-)
Excel

Postby Liz » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:32 pm

I grew up in NH and VT, then a little time in eastern NY. Moved to FL where I have lived ever since. Now that I'm retired I'm traveling most summers and wintering in FL. You never know about me though...
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm in SC. Right now in the Myrtle beach area, but normally in the Upstate. I'd love to head down to the panhandle of FL this winter. Don't know if that will happen yet. Still got my fingers crossed.
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby dpf » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:44 am

I'm in South Dakota...so I guess I don't need to plan on any visits from anyone October thru April! :lol: Give me a hollar if you're going to be in the southeastern part of the state...there's always room in the yard for an overnight guest!
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:49 am

DPF,
I plan to be coming through there on the way (I think) up to Alaska - might be changing my residency - any of the cities good for doing that near you? Would love to stop and meet you!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:14 pm

We are winter workamping in Southeastern TX on the Mexican border. At this precise moment I'm sitting in the RV, trying to catch up on a month's worth of posts. Tommy is outside enjoying a most beautiful sunny, warm, breezy morning. Think I will go join him and try to catch up some more here another time.

I have missed chatting with you all, and invite anyone travelling this way to get in touch.

We will spend April through October in Southeastern Michigan.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby oregontocal » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:32 pm

San Diego, CA until we moved to Portland, Oregon in 1973. Oldest daughter was born in San Diego; younger daughter born in Portland. We lived in Oregon for about 35 years, moving to Salem, Coquille, Roseburg, then back to Portland. My son was born in Salem and still lives in Portland. I came back to San Diego in 2004 to do chaplaincy with fire survivors and stayed. Decided to buy the RV and workamp, so began life as a fulltimer two years ago, on January 1, 2007. Worked in Kanab, Utah; Boulevard, CA; Oceanside, CA; Portland, OR; Trinity Alps, CA; Coffeyville, Kansas, and will head back to Bartlesville, Oklahoma next month to my new little house, lease option for the year then we'll see.
oregontocal

Previous

Return to General Talk