Where ya from?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Where ya from?

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:05 am

Wish everyone would put in their profile what area of the country they're from. Would be fun when planning a trip to check out if there are any of you nearby to visit.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Where ya from?

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:07 am

I agree! A lot of posts show location, but for those that haven't added that,... would you be comfortable just adding a general area? I guess I should change mine as some may not know that the Adirondacks are in northern NY.... that might be a more helpful way to word it.
Cedar518

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:09 pm

we are full timers so aren't any one place unless we are here in Quartzsite AZ for the winter or maybe in Island Park ID for the summer and in SLC for a couple of months we don't even know where we will be after we leave here (Q) in April.
sheila
snowball

Postby dcricket » Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:20 am

Well I have SoCal, (Southern California), as my location, but to be more specific without being 100% to my front door...I'm in the San Diego area. Anyone in the vicinity... please, by all means, give a shout. :) Would love to say HI.
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:42 am

I think this is a great idea, Karen. I'll go back in and add the southwest part of N. C. on mine. I have space to park, electric and plenty of sites to see here. Would love for anyone to stop by.

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Paulette » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:46 am

Carol, I have family in Morganton/Nebo area and I usually head down there in August (for the family reunion). Are ya close? Maybe we can meet some time?
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:52 am

Paulette, I'm a couple hrs. more southwest then that. Would love to have you visit though.

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Paulette » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:06 am

I'll definitely keep it in mind when I plan this August's visit!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby asirimarco » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:32 am

Sounds like a good idea - just adding present local in our profile. Then we can change it as we move around. Would be great to know if we are near someone.
asirimarco

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:37 am

Sheila, it's not hard to update your profile occasionally. Many of us are full-time, or travel a lot. Right not mine says, full-timer, currently TX - will change it when I leave -

Karen, I do agree it's a really nice feature - and I'll keep mine updated as I can with my travels. When I'm between places, it might just be "on the road" though :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby soisew » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:41 am

We weathered that question with a laugh and a question mark! Gee, how do we answer that? Do we say where we were from (our birth hometown), where we currently happen to be, or where we have chosen to call home. When we 1st bought the motorhome and starting meeting folks "out there" we'd stubbled around saying...well he spent x amount of time in CA, but was born in OH and I was born in NE but lived several place, and we currently had a house in NC. We never really claimed NC as home so finally we confused people a lot by each of us stating our homestate! Did we ever get some curious looks! huh -- OH & NE?! Now since we are settled in NE we have a simpler answer then we can go into the long stories about where we lived, when and for what reason. Full-time RVers who claim domicile, say in South Dakota who have never lived there must go through this....well, yes we have SD lic. plates however we spent most to our lives in....but were born in....so, it gets very interesting.

Therefore I am from NE, via CO, TX, NC and back to NE. He, is from OH, via, Maryland, CA, NC and all the places the Navy sent him. Thank goodness we can now just say we have settled in NE but travel to his home on a regular basis and anywhere else we happen to go.
Shell
soisew

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:15 pm

OK I updated mine, also if any of you check data storm we are #3159 it always shows you where we are.

I was born in CA but lived all over in WA all my life. Since 2001 we have been Full-Timers. We have covered the West coast and now itching to head East and of course DH wants to head back to Mexico.
Last edited by SeeyaGal on Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:55 pm

We full time too.....fall, winter, spring are usually on the road here and there....mostly stay at Military Campgrounds, being as Ernie's retired Army....but our summer location in PA is about 8-10 miles from Gettysburg.....so if you're in the area May thru Sept.....let me know and we'll get ya' a spot at our seasonal campground....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Orchid » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:19 pm

I guess most of us haven't stayed in one place all our lives. I'm originally from Indiana, moved to California as a teen, lived there until l993 when I came back to Indiana. I'm here at least for a couple more years until retirement. Then I don't know. It's nice to know where people are from and where they are currently located. I lose track .
This was a great post. Cheryl
Orchid

Postby Paulette » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:51 am

Hmmm. Born in Maryland. Moved to Okinawa when I was 4, till I was 9. Then to Huntsville Alabama for a year. Then to Bitburg, Germany for 2 years. Back to Maryland for 4 years. To Ft. Lauderdale, FL, then back to Maryland.

I'd like to be a part-time Marylander...and part-time on the roadder!
Paulette

Next

Return to General Talk