To Wish

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

To Wish

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:24 pm

I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!
I''ve so enjoyed getting to know you all.
May you feel the spirit of Christmas this year and always
sheila
snowball

Re: To Wish

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Thanks, Sheila, and may I share a blessing of a wonderful Christmas, full of what the day means, with each and every one of you. None of you are alone - we are all together - Have a wonderful, blessed day.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Gentleladybear » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:10 am

May I add my Merry Christmas to Shiela's.

Thank you all for being a part of the fabric of my life.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby carold » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:50 am

Merry Christmas to all the wonderful women we get to share our lives with. carold
carold

Postby avalen » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:04 am

feels good to feel the love, Merry Christmas
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Sparkle » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:21 am

Merry Christmas! My life would be a lot emptier without you all.
Sparkle

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:55 am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my forum friends.
May all your travels be blessed.
AlmostThere

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:12 am

I feel so blessed to have so many forum friends. I've always been kind of a loner so to have so many friends is a wonderful thing for me. I feel like no matter where I go I will have a friend nearby. Merry Christmas to all and a happy, happy new year.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:28 pm

The following poem has always been a favorite of mine ever since Les Crane (I think that was the name?) made a record album with this in it, narrated and set to music. It seems very appropriate for a Christmas Day poem.....especially this particular Christmas.

DESIDERATA

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be and whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Written by Max Ehrmann in the 1920s --
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Echo » Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Merry Christmas to all the Ladies who have enriched my life. And who also make me smile each and every day.

You are a gift that I find here on the forum every morning beginning at Barbzee's kitchen table.

Thank you!!! :D
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:55 pm

It would be my guess that Max Ehrmann was a scholar of the Bible. Much of his poem paraphrases scripture: "If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peacably with all men." (Romans 12:18) Many of the Proverbs are reflected there too. Good choice for today, Nasoosie. Thanks.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Nasoosie » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:57 am

Here's a link to a good description of the history of the poem, Desiderata.

http://www.fleurdelis.com/desidera.htm

It has an interesting past, for sure.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Thanks for that link, Soos - that was very interesting - and gives us another lesson in copyright laws, too :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to General Talk