Time for digging out!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Time for digging out!

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm so done with Winter! Here's my backyard.
No bowling today, no weigh in today. Most stores are closed for Christmas shopping as employees can't get to work. Few more inches forecast for today, mix rain/snow for tomorrow and then snow again.

Fuzzy photo taken thru my patio slider.

AlmostThere

Re: Time for digging out!

Postby Sparkle » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Aaah, THAT'S why I'm on the Beach! It does look lovely, from a distance.
Sparkle

Postby Liz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:32 pm

You poor thing...hope it melts soon, or at least stops snowing!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:05 pm

Wanna play my snow is deeper than your snow? hee hee.... :lol: Looks like we both have about the same amount. I'm almost finished shoveling off my deck and my son has been here to plow my back yard. and like you,.... mother nature is backing up to hit us again o'nite tonight!

Sparkle, you and Carol and Bill, and VTchris and Bethers,.... have some sunshine for me,.. or bottle some and send it north! ;)
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Will try to pack up some sun and warmth tomorrow when we get some, Cedar... :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby asirimarco » Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:05 pm

It is so pretty when looking at the pictures. And we were complaining cause we had to eat inside cause of the wind today. Hope it soon quits snowing and melts slowly so there is no flooding. And warms up! This has been a bad year early hasn't it? Maybe from now on it will let up.
asirimarco

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:13 pm

Cedar, I'll gladly let you win that game! :lol: We've broken lots of records these past 2 wks for coldest daytime temps, lowest night time temps, earliest snow, most snow, longest cold snap...you name it!! Generally IF we get snow it stays for 24 hrs then it turns to rain. They are saying that it looks like the thawing will be gradual so flooding will be minimal.
AlmostThere

Postby soisew » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:39 pm

Ah, it's just snow. We don't have to comute to work so it's cool with us. Its not so bad.
Shell
soisew

Postby avalen » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:57 pm

I feel your frustration, really, I do!! It keeps reminding me how it was when I
lived in Colorado, seemed like every weekend there was a storm, could never
figure out why it didn't snow during the week and close school and leave my
weekends alone. And then there was of course the bitter cold and wind and
scraping bus mirrors when I got to work after scraping car mirrors first just
to get there. Yep, I feel it, sure do. So next winter ya'll need to come to
Arizona and watch the snow on the news. Hope you get some relief soon!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:34 pm

the snow is nerve-wracking for me because I depend on others to keep me plowed and I don't have a lot of physical strength to shovel,... over and over again. Re: driving to work, I do have to but fortunately if it is bad enough the school declares a snow day. I've lived in snow country for 65 of my 66 years and I'm sick of it. maybe next year...... :lol:
Cedar518

Postby Echo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:34 pm

Talking about snow??

When we first moved to TN the 2 winter preceding the move were really wicked for upstate NY. We got down here and I thought Ahhhhh! I'm done with having to shovel 2' of snow to get to the car. Done with trying to shovel out the driveway to get some where. Done with the town plowing the end of my drive shut leaving a wall of snow 10' high. Done with climbing up on the roof to shovel snow and to chop ice off the roof overhang. First year down here we got one he77 of a snow storm. Good thing that out of habit I had bought a 4x4 pickup or we would have never gotten around. After spending little over 8yrs down here I found that I missed the snow. We still had the cold. We still had the ice. And all the problems that come with it. Second year down it we got a wicked storm again. Cold enough it froze the pipes in the house and had to drag the kerosene heater in thru the cellar window to thaw them out. Was without power for over a week with 3 kids in the house. Dang good thing we were campers. We brought in the camp stove too to cook on, the lanterns to see by and of course we had extra blankets.

When we moved to Maine in '02' they ended up with one of the worst winters in over 12yrs. We got the blame for it. Because when people asked me why we left TN to move to Maine? I told them because I missed the snow. :roll:

And I do miss the snow. I don't miss the freaking cold weather. I don't missed the bitter wind that cuts right thru you. I don't miss the ice. But I miss the snow.

I wish and would so much love it, if it snowed for Christmas down here......But....Nooooooo.....It's suppose to be in the mid 50's on Christmas day. ~sigh~
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby WickedLady » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:48 pm

Sure sick of this white stuff ! We have gotten about 18" so far and expecting more tonight and tomorrow so got busy today and shoveled snow off the roof of my carport and mobilehome. Was afraid that another 4" might be the last straw. Neighbor behind me had her carport collapse yesterday. My arms and shoulders are numb...not as young/strong as I once was :(
Marda
WickedLady

Postby Liz » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:38 am

Be careful what you wish for, Echo! :lol:
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to General Talk