Beth & Jean's excellent adventure

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Beth & Jean's excellent adventure

Postby Redetotry » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Echo if you lived near me I could hypnotize you (IF you were willing) so you wouldn't be afraid of the dentist or praying mantis. I've been working with a friend who was really afraid of having a dental implant. She did great and was even relaxed. I also told her she would heal quickly. He kept commenting on how well she was healing so she told him about the hypnosis, I should ask him for referrals!

I used to like having the laughing gas at the dentist but not all have it now.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:58 pm

ECHO....finally someone else who feels about dentist as I do!!!! I also cry when I enter the doors....feel like a scared, tiny little kid being led to the slaughter! It's AWFUL to have that fear, believe me. Sitting in that chair always does me in totally. I guess I need something like they gave your friend, Beth, the next time I have to go! OR...have Redetotry hypnotize me!

However, I once raised 20 preying mantises from egg case to adults to death! I absolutely LOVE those amazing insects! My friend and I (6th grade) even put on a Mantis Carnival in my back yard and charged admission to watch the mantis performers!

Wonderful pictures, Sparkle and Beth! Thanks for lettimg me actually see what it's like to go into Mexico!

Getting dark as the sky gets cloudier and the next storm gets closer. I brought in firewood, shoveled/swept off all decks and woodpiles, mailed bills before the post office closed as soon as I got plowed out, and will now tackle the upstairs bedroom to get it ready for son and girlfriend for Christmas!

Later, y'all..........from me and Molly
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Sparkle » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:03 pm

This is my favorite purchase from Mexico. I love wraps because they fold flat and are easily carried iof it gets warm.
Sparkle

Postby Echo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:13 pm

Dentists??

I honestly can't even begin to describe my fear of going to the dentist. My parents could not breath that word when it was time to go. They, both of them together, literally had to both pick me up and drag me into the dentists office and then tie me into the chair. I don't care what anyone tries to tell me other wise? That freaking dentist was a sadistic ba***rd. I believe he got off on inflicting pain. I have been to other dentists since I've grown up and had my teeth cleaned and pulled. And never have I felt the same pain that man put me thru. I know that childhood memories can blow things out of proportion but if that has happened? My memories are not far from what happened. My oldest brother is a little over 10 years older than I am and he shocked the tar out of our Mother one time. He told her after he'd had a few beers that if there were anyone in the world that he could torture, murder and bury that the dentist we had as a kid would be the one. I honestly don't know if he did the adults differently or what? When that man gave ya a shot of novocaine? Instead of giving it a chance to work a little before doing anything else he would grind the needle around in your mouth then let ya spit and start working. I know that he got off on it!!!

Praying Mantis? Oh goodness. That's one thing that will send me screaming and jibbering like a lunatic. When I was about 15 I had to go down over the hill to the water trough to get water cause there wasn't any running in the house. I reached thru the bushes at the one end where the cows couldn't get and a praying mantis fell on my arm. I know that they are suppose to have little mouths?? But them suckers bite and they have a wicked mean bite too. I'm sensitive to bug bites and my arm swelled up terribly and hurrrrrrt!!!! OMG! So yep I'm scared of them.

All in all those are the only two things I can think of that I'm afraid of. Mice don't bother me or rats. Snakes aren't a biggie as long as I don't step on one by surprise when I'm barefoot. :lol:

So hopefully I'm good to go.

Sparkle I love that wrap. What material is that made of???

Redetotry, if I thought it would work by goodness you would have your work cut out for ya. I've tried it twice before? But it has just never worked for me. I don't know if it's because I fight it so much? My thing of letting someone have control over me? Or lack of trust?? But I'd be willing to try it again.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Previous

Return to General Talk