This is the Life

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

This is the Life

Postby asirimarco » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:51 pm

Just a few pictures of the scenery here in Kino - first actually is of our Christmas tree - not big but...So Merry Christmas to every one
Took a drive out around the bay towards the oyser farms - these guys did not like it when we stopped to take a picture - really squawked at us.
Don't think this boat is going to go any where any time soon
This next one is in the town of Old Kino -The pelicans are sitting on the old pier - when we were here last time it was THE pier, but a storm tore it down. The boys in the boat are fishing
One of the fisherman coming in. They come in full tilt and run up on the beach. Have seen firshermen do this in Oregon too
Jorge's restaurant where we eat a lot = right on the beach in new Kino
Watching the fishing boats head out from Jorge's patio
Our campging space -
Another view of our motorhome taken from the beach. Notice the little church on the hill. When we were here in March of 2006 the church was brand new. In fact - we drove up there to see what it was (the roads you can see now weren't there then). When we got there we were met by the family that had built the church- to give back to the community for all they had received over the years. They invited us in and we were privileged enough to attend the first Mass ever held there. It was Palm Sunday. It was an absolutely incredible experience.
Our Direct TV is working now so the only thing we don't have is phone service. Oh well...The people across from us have been, he has anyway, coming here for 52 years. He is 90 1/2 and she is 84 - just boy friend and girl friend! They told us there is a Gringos Club here with a great library and you can join monthly - might have to check that out.
asirimarco

Re: This is the Life

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:03 pm

What a beautiful campsite! No wonder you brave those dirt roads and narrow curves to get there! I could very easily handle that place! Thanks for the pictures and for keeping us updated. I love your little Christmas tree, too!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:11 pm

Fantastic campsite Carol and Bill! Can you imagine still traveling and camping at 90? That would be my fondest wish!
Cedar518

Postby Liz » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:05 pm

Ah, you've got it sooo rough. :lol:
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Echo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:15 pm

Wow Carol! Your a stronger woman than I am.

I don't think I could handle life down there like that??? The fast pace would probably do me in. :lol:

Beautiful place!!!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:25 am

Oh, yeah - I could stay there a day or year :) I love the little church, too - what a great experience to have been there for the first service.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:53 am

Dang! Wish we had gone with you! We could have been twins! Love the views and Dan is getting itchy feet to head back to Mexico!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Return to General Talk