Treasures from the Sea !

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Treasures from the Sea !

Postby Mollysmom » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:41 pm

I went to the beach today and found treasures !!! No, it wasn't gold coins, but it was cool :D
I found neat floats and a giant light bulb ! I know it's weird to be excited about a light bulb, the it's big and it survived floating around in the ocean and the writing on the end is in Japanese ! I couldn't get a good picture of it, but trust me, it's cool !
There's also Japanese writing on the white round float too - I think that's just super cool !!!
Here's a picture of my treasures .....

Here's a couple close ups of the writing (I don't know it's Japanese, I'm just guessing)

There was a really cool buoy on the beach too, but I couldn't lift it so it had to stay behind.
Fun day !!!
Mollysmom

Re: Treasures from the Sea !

Postby Liz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:01 pm

Neat finds, Trudy. You ought to be able to make something creative out of them...just ask Sparkle if you need ideas.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby MsBHaven » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:14 pm

Cool treasures! I wonder if that writing says "Made in China"?
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Sparkle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Margie, Margie , Margie!!!! Really cool finds, Trudy. I love Beachcombing. I wish I had been here after that Hurricane came through. Note I said AFTER. If people here had found those floats they would have decorated their wooden privacy fences. Are you going to keep them?
Sparkle

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:01 pm

neat treasures Trudy! I love beachcombing. The winter I was in Alabama we did that a lot. it was just a few months after Ivan. Got a lot of perfect 2x4s ... somebody must have had a lumber pile that got washed out and back. No nail holes so they had not been used for a structure. XH got to keep those! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby Mollysmom » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:10 pm

LOL Margie !!! :lol:
Sparkle, I am planning on keeping a couple of them at least - don't know if I can fit all of them in here. I think I should be able to find room for them underneath - if nothing else I can box them up and mail them to my sister and she can keep them for me ! Maybe some day I'll have a fence to hang them on and they'd be awesome keepsakes.
When I got back with my treasures, a couple of the other folks here were outside and were looking at them - the one little guy was so excited I told him I'd take him to the beach and we could hunt for more treasures - we went back and he found 3 of them and a couple of big coils of new rope. It was fun to go hunting with someone else :D Good times !!!
Mollysmom

Postby Bethers » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:25 pm

Trudy, great finds. And, yep, same thing happens here when someone comes back with any reports. LIke when the sand dollars are running - I never knew they were easier to find at various times - and don't know why, but all of a sudden, you can get dozens -then they are gone again. One person comes back and reports they saw them, and everyone goes with. During the summer, one of the guys here discovered that he could recognize the little holes in the sand where there were sand dollars washed just under the surface during one of these times, and everyone was going back with him to learn how. And, like Sparkle said, after the hurricane, there were lots of finds - including the small ship that I pictured before that washed up. I don't collect any of this - although occasionally I bring back some shells. However, I found some great sandals one day - and I still wear them :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mollysmom » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:33 pm

I love that you found sandals and that you still wear them !!!
I found a hat that strangely enough says RVSRME !
Mollysmom

Postby Sparkle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:54 pm

I had been talking to Beth about doing a thread on what we have found in our travels. This is as good a place as any. The best thing I found was a really good heavy duty extention cord. Still have it.
Sparkle

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:32 pm

:lol: Got alot of treasures from the sea today.....we went fishing at the Packary Channel......the fishing was the same.....perch, but bigger....but I must have brought in about $50 worth of tackle.... :lol: hooks.....sinkers.......double set ups with hooks..... :roll: well, this will save us money on buying the stuff..... :lol:

Ernie & I also have been saving shells....he's found some nice ones.....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:12 am

My treasure wasn't from the sea, but from the middle of the road! While driving home from work many years ago on a only mildly traveled county road I spotted something as i drove,.. I pulled over, backed up,... yep,... a large pr. of adjustable pliers right on the middle line! Well those pliers are still in my tool box and I use them frequently. Probably someone left them on a tailgate or bumper and drove off without putting them back in their tool box. Heee heee... they are in my tool box now! 8-)
Cedar518

Return to General Talk