Christmas Suggestion

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Christmas Suggestion

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:43 pm

I read this suggestion from someone on another Forum and thought I would pass it along. For those who don't normally have presents under a Christmas tree (kids forget about them, parents are deceased, husband deceased, etc. etc.), don't get depressed about it - buy yourself some items you want or need but don't open the boxes. Take them home, wrap them up and put them under the tree for opening on Christmas day.

I love that idea. DH and I have always had a great Christmas and buy each other things we want or need. I figured one of us (the last one standing) would be sad when we didn't have presents under the tree one day from our spouse. We have now both decided this is a great idea.

So, if anyone doesn't get a present, go buy one or more for yourself, wrap it and enjoy the day.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Re: Christmas Suggestion

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:07 pm

I'm really excited by this idea !
It's silly to be so excited about opening a present that I bought for myself, but I am !!
Not sure what I'll buy for myself, but I'm going shopping tomorrow. I may just hit the dollar store because I love getting pens and paper and I'm embarrased to admit, I love coloring books !! We had a coloring book for years and each Christmas we'd color a picture and date it (I'm talking 40-50 year old "kids" here) and I think I'll start that !
Thanks for the idea :D
Mollysmom

Postby Echo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:01 pm

Ok now, I just had to jump in on this!!!

Trudy? Coloring books? Crayons?? At your age!!! OMG!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too! hehehehehe

I am the proud owner, colorer of a Tinker Bell coloring book. And I bought Cinderella III tonight at WalMart. Oh, some more crayons and some colored pencils too. LOLOLOL What a wonderful stress reliever at work. It's the one thing I can do and not get hollered at. I've tried magazines, crossword puzzles, word search books and got hollered at to put them away. But my crayons and coloring book?? Nope no problem with that. The big floor sup's even stop by to see which picture I'm coloring and do critiques on my choices of colors! LOL I think that their jealous. I have got to get to Toys-R-Us to check and see if they have a better selection of coloring books. WalMart only had the two that I liked. They had Barbie but I'm just not 'a Barbie Girl'. ;)
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby islandmomma » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:02 pm

I like colouring books too, Trudy...Have fun :). Colouring sticker sheets are also nice.

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:26 pm

I buy myself something for Christmas every year. Have never wrapped it - usually it's too big LOL - This year my present was supposed to be changing my microwave to a microwave conversion oven, however, so far, we're having trouble finding one that will fit in the place of my current microwave. Have NOT given up though - just might not make it for Christmas.

Oh, and I also intend before I leave here - to get a new hdtv, and then to replace my tv cabinet with a wall arm hang for the new tv.

Woooweeeeeeeeeee -

I don't have any coloring books - but can definitely see the fun in them - I think parents often have much more fun with them than their kids do :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mollysmom » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:39 pm

I'm glad to see I'm not the only colorer ! I still remember how cool it was to get that big box of Crayons with the sharpener built in - that was the ultimate !!!
Mollysmom

Postby snowball » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:10 am

I looked for a fairy coloring book for my daughter who is into her thirty's . They are fun. Not sure Echo that I understand there logic can't do word search but can color who knows what people think
sheila
snowball

Postby Sparkle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:58 am

I replied to this last night but must have forgotten to press submit. Anyway, I buy myself a pressie for special occasions, I'm especially fond of buying for myself on Valentines Day, such a depressing month. I just never thought of wrapping it. I'm going to buy myself something in January, wrap it and then....I hope I like it!
Sparkle

Postby Liz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:17 am

Since all the coloring book fans are coming out of the closet, I'm one too! I buy them for the grandkids and color right along with them. I also like jigsaw puzzles, and find them relaxing.

I usually buy myself a gift or two at Christmas...'cause that's when all the best deals are. Have never wrapped them, though.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby asirimarco » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:28 am

sounds like a neat idea - didn't do any christmas shopping or sewing this year.
still love the colorbooks and crayons. had to use a little imagination.
asirimarco

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:51 am

I also like coloring but I really enjoy jigsaw puzzles. Wish there was an exchange of jigsaws like books. I have so many beautiful ones that I know I won't be able to take all of them with me. I may save them until I come to a good cg and donate to their stash if they have one or if they want to start one.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:09 am

I like this idea too! could buy just after Thanksgiving, wrap, and then by Christmas morning it will be almost a surprise. Everyone deserves a present!
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:56 pm

I'll confess.... :roll: :lol: I love coloring books, jigsaw puzzles, and Paper Dolls....only paper dolls are hard to find....the only place I've seen them in years, was at the visitors center in Savannah, GA last year.....Glad to see I'm in good company...... :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Liz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:59 pm

I always cut out paper dolls from the Sears-Roebuck catalog. Ages me, I guess.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm with you Liz on the paper dolls from the catalog,...but it was from Montgomery Ward for me,... we were Wards shoppers, didn't get the Sears catalog. I can still picture a taffeta dress I wanted from the catelog. My mother said no as it wasn't practical for school. oh well,.... maybe in my dottage i'll have a brown and green plaid taffeta dress, with ruffles! I must have been around 8 or 9 years old. :lol:
Cedar518

Next

Return to General Talk