Results of having no laptop

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Results of having no laptop

Postby Sparkle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm baaaaack! Got my laptop restored to life for 100.00 and it was worth every penny! There has been lots going on and I WILL catch up. Between reading the posts and getting up to date on Beth and my activities. Meanwhile, because I had no laptop I got to work and did a couple of crafts. This is a shell lampshade. I picked the Strawberry Scallops up a couple of years ago on a Florida beach and finally made use of them. I used the Copper Foil Stained Glass method, but used shells instead of glass.

I felt I was on a roll with shells and covered this Thrift Shop Bird Feeder with more Strawberry Scallops from Florida, Turret Shells from Puerta Penasca in Mexico and little double clam shells from Port Aransas, Texas. Beth and Peaches helped gather those.

Tomorrow Beth and I go to Mexico, yay! again. I have some photos from there, but I plan on taking more tomorrow, so I'll post them altogether then. Then there is Kareoke on Friday....would you like photos of that? Line dancing, must get Beth's wiggle in there. I'm sooo glad to be back online. I'll never treat my baby badly again.
Sparkle

Re: Results of having no laptop

Postby Carolinagal » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Oh Sparkle, they are so pretty and how talented you are.!!!! You have been so missed on here, glad you are back, will look forward to more pics from Mexico. We all knew you were alright, doing all these things with Beth, but sure missed you. Yes, take care of your laptop. One day hope to make a present of one to myself. I miss everyone so much when I am on the road, its lonely too. Glad you're back will be looking for more post, love your humor and have missed ya.

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Well, I can't say that I've missed her - I'm lucky enough to have her next door :)

That said - the top pic of the lamp does NOT do it justice. My mouth dropped open when she set the shade on the lamp and turned it on - it's magnificent.

Zeee, aren't you glad Sparkle is back - you'll get your pictures - she told me yesterday she meant to bring the camera to line dancing - I hope it's on a day I don't go over in sweats and tshirt (ya know - somethings are not meant to be photographed lol)

I have a dinner date tonight - gasp - so Sparkle will have plenty of time to work on her projects, or read (there's no bingo for her tonight) - and yep, I've loaned her all 3 of our books from our book club - so she's all caught up now, I believe. And, Sparkle, we're looking for someone to give us a new book - got any in mind for the group?

Can't wait for Mexico tomorrow - aside from going to the dentist, I have to pick up a couple things for others - a real stuffed frog - yep, you heard me right- and I'm going to look for a mug for a guy here in the park - he'll be surprised - but this morning he saw all the mugs on the mug rack in the rec hall and said he needed one - so hey, it's always fun to surprise someone (IF I find something suitable). And I do like going down there occasionally - we'll plan to eat before we see the dentist.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Beautiful lampshade and unique base ...did you make the lamp base too? Also lve the birdhouse...very creative use of nature! Glad to see you back.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Sparkle....the projects look beautiful.!!!! You do such good work there.... ;) :) We're all fogged in over here....but we did fish...and again, nothing but piggy perch.... :x :x ....

Yep, can't wait to see the line dancing photos....sneak that camera in..... :lol: :lol:

Glad you got the laptop fixed and are back posting.....waiting for the Mexico photos ..... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Okay, why am I only getting the picture of the birdhouse? Definitely glad you're back and YES to the line dancing pictures.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby islandmomma » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:17 pm

Wow!! Those are incredible!! How very beautiful they are and how very talented you are!!
Thank you for showing them... :)

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:21 pm

Karen, if you ever don't get all the pictures, try refreshing the page. If that doesn't work, leave the thread and then come back to it. Sometimes computers just do that.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:25 pm

what a nifty thing to do with the shells, that lamp is gorgeous.
Looking forward to pics of the line dancing and also your trip into mexico.
Have fun and don't get in any trouble you two.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby asirimarco » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:39 pm

Love the lamp shade and bird house what great ideas. Will be checking for shells for the next few weeks.
Know what you mean about not having your laptop feels like the day isn't complete without going on line.
Be sure to catch those pictures of the "wiggle"
asirimarco

Postby Echo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Now that is a sight to see. I love that lamp, it looks great in the picture!!! I can just bet that if it looks that good in the picture that it's more beautiful in person.

I remember that Sparkle does stained glass. There was a shop in Portland ME that we use to go to and just drool over the colors of glass that you could buy. Stained glass windows fascinate the heck right out of me. Staring at the windows when I was a kid was the only thing that kept me quiet in church. :oops:

Now as to the two of them staying out of trouble??? Oh boy!!! The best I was hoping for was that Beth wouldn't talk Sparkle into trying the goldfish pond out!!! I would imagine with the two of them it's gonna be "what one doesn't think of, the other one will". :lol:
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Sparkle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:34 pm

Well Tony, the owner of the goldfish says that the fish used to swim happily around, but now when they see Beth coming they dive under the lilypad leaves. I think he should put up a sign saying "Do not sit on the fish."
Liz, the lampbase was a lucky find at a Thrift store, one of the urchin shells or coral whatever that is was broken, but I found a replacement in a gift shop in Port A.
Echo, whenever I find a stained glass supply shop, and they are getting harder to find, I too drool over the colors. I want to buy every sheet of glass there is. The one I found in Corpus Christi is great, four dogs roam around and visit with you, its been in the family for many years. they are so laid back. Plus the drive there, along Ocean Drive, is lovely. Water on one side and big mansions on the other. My head goes back and forth between the two.
My plan is to make six pictures, relating to the Grand Canyon in some way, and sell them on consignment when I get back to the Lodge. There are six big windows on one side of the lobby, so that's my goal. But now that I'm back online I'll have to disipline myself. :roll:
Sparkle

Postby snowball » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:46 pm

really a nice job Sparkle!! very talented !
Stained glass is something I thought would be fun to do but have not started it!
Are you going back to the lodge?
take care
sheila
snowball

Postby Sparkle » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:28 am

Yes Sheila, back to the Lodge. It's supposed to be going to be better next year. They are doing background checks and being more selective on who they hire. I found I'd rather work WITH drunks than FOR drunks. The lesser of the two evils. Plus I'll have a couple of really good friends working with me.
Sparkle

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:47 am

The lamp picture came up for me. Wow, its beautiful!! I LOVE the colors when the lights on. Such talent!.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Next

Return to General Talk