Moving on further South

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Moving on further South

Postby asirimarco » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:58 pm

We spent a couple of day in Lake Havasu City visiting our daughter in law and grandkids. Sure was strange being in their house without our son's laughter and big presence. She is doing better, has a part time job now and has done a lot of work on the house. Our grandkids are pretty much grown, one 24, one almost 20 and the girl soon to be 15 - she is a handful - favorite saying is "Dad would let me do it." Any way - glad we went - But really missed him for a few days.
While in Vegas we had a picture - not really good - taken of us in front of youngest son's tree
This is a picture of Alfie off roading when the wind blew the awning open.
Some pictures of London Brige in Havasu - for those of you have been there - about half of the shops that were there are now closed
watched this guy fishing for tiny bait fish with a net - he caught quite a few of them
and watched the ducks diving for fish - the water in the lake was really clear
From there we went on to Quartzsite and stayed in an RV park - really nice one - here is a sunset from there
Interesting past of Quartzsite
the cemetary
a decoy police car - there is even a decoy police man in it. every few days they move the location
some of the rocks in one of the shops - could have looked for hours - so many different kinds
While in Quartzsite we met up with Sheila (snowball) and Larry. Had a good dinner at restaurant and nice visit afterward - no photos.
Was really great meeting some one from here.
just the Arizona desert near where we are now parked just south of Tucson
Little artist town of Tubac just south of us - lots of neat stuff there
Another desert sunet
We will be leaving here tomorrow crossing into Mexico probably stopping either in Hermosillo or going on to Bahia Kino. I think both places have internet - will let you know.
asirimarco

Re: Moving on further South

Postby Liz » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:11 pm

Lovely and interesting pictures...thanks for taking the time to post them. Glad you had a nice, although bittersweeet visit with your DIL and grandkids. How long are you planning to be in MX?
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:01 pm

Hi Carol, first what a nice pic of you and Bill. And of course, a hug on the heart-tugging experience of visiting your DIL and DGKs ... I like your travel report and of course all the pics. Especially the sunsets. I'm so glad you are having a good trip.
Cedar518

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm

Wonderful pictures, Carol. I so love to see places I have never been but hope to see some day.

I know how difficult it must have been for you to be with your daughter-in-law and grandkids without your son...but you did it, and you survived it. And I am sure your family really appreciated your being there. It's very hard for kids to lose a parent. And it's even harder for a parent to lose a kid. It's not supposed to happen that way.

You and Bill are having a wonderful traveling time! I hope your journey to Mexico turns out to be a fun trip for you two.

Thanks for keeping us posted with such great pictures and tales of where you are traveling!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby WickedLady » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:49 pm

A friend and I were at London Bridge and Quartzsite area in 2007; hanging out along the river. The pictures make me want to get back there ASAP.
Marda
WickedLady

Postby Bethers » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:40 pm

I'm glad you had a good visit with your dil and gks - probably was good for everyone - all generations - and hard for all, also.

I really like the picture of you and Bill - like your hair! It's grown, but still short - love it!

Great pictures, as usual - and yes, please do let us know where you have internet in MX - maybe we should add a place on the website for that type of info - would be good for all of us and others to have lots of that knowledge.

Have a great trip.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:40 pm

so glad you had a nice visit with the relatives, and I liked that picture of you and hubby.
Tubac looked interesting, I'll have to look that up on the map and perhaps its close
enough to work into my drive I'm planning on MLK day. Sure hope Mexico has internet
for you so we can continue getting updates from you, I certainly do enjoy your travels.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:47 pm

Carol wanted to say how much we enjoyed our visit. Have a really great time in Mexico. And check back in when you can
sheila
snowball

Postby AlmostThere » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:13 pm

I'm glad you visit with dil and gk went well for you. Have a safe trip in MX.
AlmostThere

Return to General Talk