Directions from Tulsa, OK to Mineral Wells, TX

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Directions from Tulsa, OK to Mineral Wells, TX

Postby oregontocal » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:04 pm

I need to drive from the RV park at Expo Square in Tulsa, OK to Mineral Wells, Texas tomorrow. I don't like the looks of the directions I got from Yahoo maps, such as downtown Oklahoma City, toll roads, etc.

Does anyone have a better route? I think the weather is also going to be iffy as well. However, at least I'm not towing the pickup this time.

Thanks,
Chris
oregontocal

Re: Directions from Tulsa, OK to Mineral Wells, TX

Postby Bethers » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:16 pm

When I don't like directions, I get out my trusty atlas and pick the route I want - then I get on my Streets and Trips on my computer and try to route the way I pick and see how it looks. If I don't have my computer or that program handy, I just use the atlas and write out the way I want to go - avoiding cities, etc. I've never gone (that I know of) the exact route you'll be traveling, but suggest you just play with the atlas and see what you can come up with.

Oh, and Sparkle and I both still think you should take a side trip to the gulf of Texas :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby oregontocal » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:22 pm

Thanks, Beth. I've mapped out a way and will see how it goes tomorrow. 28 degrees and some freezing rain right now in Tulsa. Hope it quits.
I'd love to go further south in Texas, just not this trip as I need to get to San Diego before Christmas. Please tell Sparkle hi, though.
oregontocal

Postby Carolinagal » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:39 pm

Chris, I don't know the route you have chosen or where in Tulsa you are, but looks to me if you came west to 377 and down into Texas to 82 west to Henrietta take 148 south to Jacksboro 281 on down to Mineral Wells. If you are possibly going to be in rainy weather, south 377 looks like a good road. 82 down in Texas, 148 and 281 I've traveled lots, its a good road, easy traveling in a motorhome. I can't help you get out of Tulsa, not knowing which area you are in, but 377 looks better then any of the other smaller red roads and if you are in rain, you don't want to take one of their iffy roads and they can be in that area. Hope this might help you some.

Safe travels

Carol
Carolinagal

Return to General Talk